Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fly your flag if you dare!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
and I believe remain supporters are being brainwashed from every angle. I see even the bbc is a propaganda remain campaign now. why do all remain supporters think leave supporters are only wanting to leave because of immigration/race etc. not saying am right but certainly aint a bigot and want out. and I certainly aint ignorant of the facts. I just choose a different option than you.

Because it's all we ever hear, again and again and again. It IS the main issue for Brexiters. And it's a non-issue.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
and I believe remain supporters are being brainwashed from every angle. I see even the bbc is a propaganda remain campaign now. why do all remain supporters think leave supporters are only wanting to leave because of immigration/race etc. not saying am right but certainly aint a bigot and want out. and I certainly aint ignorant of the facts. I just choose a different option than you.

I received through the post today literature from both remain and leave camps. The remain one was pretty awful, but the Leave one quoted in two different places that it costs us £350m per week at least to belong to the EU.

In all the cr@p that has been flying around over the last few weeks, i thought that was the one major "fact" that has been seriously, nay terminally discredited. How can they continue with it. Have I any recourse to the Advertising Standards Authority?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
well as a brexiter myself I have to say immigration don't even come into it for me. totally agree it is a non -issue. weather in or out immigration is a different issue entirely. many folk from countries not even in Europe still come here and will still continue to do so.
I just believe as a democracy we should vote for the guys to lead our country and not be involved in this dictatorship we call the eu. too many leaches in our own government never mind amongst these European bureaucrats. I know this £350m is bull as is Turkey joining. I also believe our economy wont be so much worse off as we are repeated told by Ca'moron' and his 'experts'. we gain in some areas and lose in others.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because it's all we ever hear, again and again and again. It IS the main issue for Brexiters. And it's a non-issue.
It is certainly not a 'non issue' or are you willing to ignore the fact that for many people, their culture and also their working lives have changed since mass immigration in the 00's?

However, for me, it is not the main issue by a long way. I think that the exit campaign has been pretty low in the way it's fostered fear of foreigners. I also think the remain campaign has been pretty low in the way it's tried to scare people away from leaving.

I suspect, and judging by these pages on NSC it's true, that a huge majority of remainers and exiters are very disillusioned with the campaign. I certainly know many people on both sides who are depressed by the people leading the campaigns.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It is certainly not a 'non issue' or are you willing to ignore the fact that for many people, their culture and also their working lives have changed since mass immigration in the 00's?

However, for me, it is not the main issue by a long way. I think that the exit campaign has been pretty low in the way it's fostered fear of foreigners. I also think the remain campaign has been pretty low in the way it's tried to scare people away from leaving.

I suspect, and judging by these pages on NSC it's true, that a huge majority of remainers and exiters are very disillusioned with the campaign. I certainly know many people on both sides who are depressed by the people leading the campaigns.

Sorry, I meant not a relevant issue for the referendum which will not significantly affect migration.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I'm with you on this. If the country vote out on Thursday I'll accept it, it's part of the cut and thrust of living in a democracy, and as least we have been given the opportunity to vote, which is denied to so many others in the world.

The campaigns on both sides have been characterised by exaggeration, fear and lies. They do democracy, and politics, no favours.

The EU has done some people some good, and some people some bad. As with all decisions and institutions there are winners and losers.

Even as someone who is very pro remain, I am appalled at the answers given by some in my camp to the concerns from those disenfranchised and worried about the consequences of globalisation, free trade and migration.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I received through the post today literature from both remain and leave camps. The remain one was pretty awful, but the Leave one quoted in two different places that it costs us £350m per week at least to belong to the EU.

In all the cr@p that has been flying around over the last few weeks, i thought that was the one major "fact" that has been seriously, nay terminally discredited. How can they continue with it. Have I any recourse to the Advertising Standards Authority?

No. The ASA have no say whatsoever over political campaigning, I have already tried to complain but they cannot act.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm with you on this. If the country vote out on Thursday I'll accept it, it's part of the cut and thrust of living in a democracy, and as least we have been given the opportunity to vote, which is denied to so many others in the world.

The campaigns on both sides have been characterised by exaggeration, fear and lies. They do democracy, and politics, no favours.

The EU has done some people some good, and some people some bad. As with all decisions and institutions there are winners and losers.

Even as someone who is very pro remain, I am appalled at the answers given by some in my camp to the concerns from those disenfranchised and worried about the consequences of globalisation, free trade and migration.
Excellent post. If only the politicians had shared the same viewpoint. Whatever the result, in the end, this campaign has cost our rulers a damaging amount of credibility.

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on England..........oh wrong thread:whistle:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks. I presumed that would be the case.

I also tried the Electoral Commission, who can only 'advise' on campaigning issues, 'kin useless basically. They suggested that I might try the Police if I believed the advertising of whatever form was breaking the law. Mmmmmmm, that 'Breaking Point's poster must be getting close to being racism.......

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is how the eu works for uk jobs, industries and economy, ask the undecideds to remember this when voting.

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Find something that's gone the other way, I've looked and I just can't. If you think the EU is a good idea,
1/ You haven't read the party manifesto of The European Peoples' Party.
2/ You haven't had to deal with EU petty bureaucracy tearing your business down.
3/ You don't care.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The E.U. is a good idea, the reality is not quite so good. However, I tend to agree with the principle that the wealthier in society should give up some of that wealth for the benefit of the less well off. I think most agree, the question is, what area that society extends to, and if the E.U. can be the mechanism it should be.

Aug 23, 2011
This is how the eu works for uk jobs, industries and economy, ask the undecideds to remember this when voting.

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

I'm sure you could find an even longer list of other companies that have moved out of the UK without EU grants. How many companies have moved call centres to India etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here