Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Would not be disappointed at all to see him go for 7-8 mil. He would be difficult to replace and is a class act most of the time but is prone to the occasional big **** up.... A lot of the cash could go towards a new striker which is the main priority in my eyes

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
When trying to put a value on Lewis Dunk, let's not forget that good English centre backs are very rare and are at a premium, couple that to the new tv windfall premier league clubs have just landed. Then add the fact that several clubs are interested, plus he has just signed a new contract.

We are not looking to sell, so I wouldn't be surprised if even £10 million was way short of what we could hold out for.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Difficult one to say how much he is worth, as for 90% of game time he is superb and best defender outside the premiership, it's just those mistakes and red mist times that brings his value down. Would not want him to go, but if we got a good price for him and replaced him with a good solid defender, then OK by me. Good buy for a team like Palace or WBA, but not the likes of the better teams like Everton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Difficult one ..... Obviously someone we'd want to keep but £10m is a lot of money.

The recruitment team unearthed a gem in Goldson who I think is better so if selling Dunk gave them £3m to replace him and £7m for a top quality striker I'd feel quite confident.

I suppose it all depends on whether we need the money to strengthen the squad, if Bloom is happy to finance the top quality striker we need then keep..... If he can't then maybe £10m is too much to turn down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd be disappointed if he left. Goods definitely outweigh the bads with dunk. Comfortable on the ball, good passer, combative, goal threat and his pace at the back gets us out of trouble regularly.

I'd agree with this but add that I think Dunk is very much a confidence player. Whenever he makes a mistake, you see the other players immediately consoling him (the exact opposite to Goldson who looks to be incredibly strong mentally).

Having spent years here, he is comfortable in his surroundings and playing well. If he moves and doesn't start well at a new club, I could see him disappear down their squad. A start like Goldson made for us, with the OG could be a big problem for him. Rather keep him, but >8M ???

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
When trying to put a value on Lewis Dunk, let's not forget that good English centre backs are very rare and are at a premium, couple that to the new tv windfall premier league clubs have just landed. Then add the fact that several clubs are interested, plus he has just signed a new contract.

We are not looking to sell, so I wouldn't be surprised if even £10 million was way short of what we could hold out for.

Good post. I agree with most of this. Not sure we'd get more than 10 million though but goal scoring English centre-halves seem to be an increasingly rare breed. Whilst still prone to moments of madness, which he must cut out of his game, Dunk has been excellent in the second half of the season and I'd be loathe to lose him. But money talks and he'll probably double his wages even with a "small" Premiership club so I expect he'll be off.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If we can get around 10 Mill for him and he went to Palace I think that could turn out a great bit of business. I can see the headline now "Dunk gets sent off for a wild challenge and gives away the penalty that sends Palace down" Oh yes please.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Villa just bid 3 million for Tommy Elphick,he's ten times the man and player than Dunk.

I think you mean someone on Twitter a couple of days ago made up that Elphick was linked to Villa and they'd made a bid and tweeted it out on his "transfer account" that has 79 followers to see if anyone would take the bite. Which they nearly always do.

I think you mean someone on Twitter a couple of days ago made up that Elphick was linked to Villa and they'd made a bid and tweeted it out on his "transfer account" that has 79 followers to see if anyone would take the bite. Which they nearly always do.

Not saying he's singed but that Villa have made a bid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Every player has his price and anywhere between 6-8 million is a fair price, he has a mistake like all defenders in him and is a goal threat from corners and free kicks so a hard player to replace in fairness we would do well to hang on to him. Ultimately it is up to the player if he fancies a crack at the Premier league who can blame him, He has been a good servant good luck to the lad.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Being reported in The Sun as a done deal. "Elphick will sign" rather than a bid being made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here