Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Referendum debate

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Oh dear, gender has NOTHING to do with it..........i meant that with odds of 5/1 in favour of the women on the programme it stands to reason that there is a very good chance that the women would pee you off more. In your haste to play the sexist gender card eh.

Well it smells of everyday sexism, do you talk about women and men with your comments made online when you are face to face with them and going about day to day. I am not in any haste or trying to play any card just responding to your comments and posts.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Is Sturgeon a woman ?? Cant stand her she wanted away from us but wants us to stay wtf has it got todo with her what we do let them have another referemdem and go it alone then scotland can decide what they want.. all i see is the end of the eu . A change is good as a rest.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That horrendous display by the remain team has made my mind up for me. They must actually want to lose if that's all they could conjure up for national TV.

They seemed to want to spend the whole time trying to belittle and ridicule boris johnson than actually making any points of merit.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well it smells of everyday sexism, do you talk about women and men with your comments made online when you are face to face with them and going about day to day. I am not in any haste or trying to play any card just responding to your comments and posts.

Er, have a look back at the comments, you must have mixed someone elses comments up with mine.
Please furnish me with the post of mine that "smells of everyday sexism"....................

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That horrendous display by the remain team has made my mind up for me. They must actually want to lose if that's all they could conjure up for national TV.

They seemed to want to spend the whole time trying to belittle and ridicule boris johnson than actually making any points of merit.

Yes, i thought the quieter and non personal speeches from the Leave went down better.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think it is similar on this board actually, the Remain supporters (SOME) use insults if they do not agree with a Leave post.

D

Deleted member 22389

Just like we'll have £350m to spend on the NHS if we leave. Both a load of bullsh*t. So sad the campaign has descended into the 2 positions.

Remain - we have to stay or the economy will collapse and we'll lose all influence in the world, cause WW3 and it will lead to the break up of the Union and now bizarrely the NI Peace Process etc

Leave - The country will be so overrun with foreigners the whole green belt will be concreted over to house them, the NHS and Education systems will collapse and we'll have to join a United States of Europe, a European Army etc

So little positive to say about either aim. We will survive with either result.

Out of the two, which is more credible?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I dont think the remain did themselves any favours with their constant screeching head shaking and mud slinging, and played right into the leave`s hands .
I can imagine Cameron already packing his suitcase and handing back the keys after witnessing that debacle .

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well, two thirds through this on catch up. Is any side winning? Shrieking on one side and politeness on the other. Good arguments made by both but the harridans have come across as very forceful. Great in some circumstances but this time they come across as a gaggle of female bullies. Love 'em, under certain circumstances. Just not on this argument.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Remain coming across as desperate. Out could up their incisive arguments. I know I am behind.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The leave side were respectful to their opponents, and treated the public like they are intelligent. I was really impressed with Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart in particular. The remain side were angry, made personal attacks, were disrespectful to their opponents and treated the public like they are stupid. Good win for leave tonight IMO. Looking at twitter, seems like that is the verdict of most people too.

I also noticed much longer and louder applause from the audience for leave, not sure if that tells you much though.

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The leave side were respectful to their opponents, and treated the public like they are intelligent. I was really impressed with Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart in particular. The remain side were angry, made personal attacks, were disrespectful to their opponents and treated the public like they are stupid. Good win for leave tonight IMO.

It's a little uncomfortable to watch this binfest to be honest. Once this country had standards, decency and a judicial use of the English language. Now, well.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
They keep saying lack of investment is a result of the Tory government (I am no tory supporter). Surely we haven't invested into our own infrastructure, social services (nhs) and houses from the beginning of the blair (no capitals deliberate) era. Always fecks me off when people forget that!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The leave side were respectful to their opponents, and treated the public like they are intelligent. I was really impressed with Andrea Leadsom and Gisela Stuart in particular. The remain side were angry, made personal attacks, were disrespectful to their opponents and treated the public like they are stupid. Good win for leave tonight IMO. Looking at twitter, seems like that is the verdict of most people too.

I also noticed much longer and louder applause from the audience for leave, not sure if that tells you much though.

The problem with the bit in bold is an assumption that these shows are followed at this stage in proceedings by equal numbers of people who have each view.

I suspect there is a tendancy for the viewers now to be mostly (a) undecided or (b) strongly pro leave. I can't see the attraction in the show for someone who has already decided for remain.

The above is just a hunch. I've no evidence at all.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The problem with the bit in bold is an assumption that these shows are followed at this stage in proceedings by equal numbers of people who have each view.

I suspect there is a tendancy for the viewers now to be mostly (a) undecided or (b) strongly pro leave. I can't see the attraction in the show for someone who has already decided for remain.

The above is just a hunch. I've no evidence at all.

No, no evidence at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here