Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two weeks to go - how are you voting in the EU referendum? - Leave or Remain?

How do you intend to vote in the EU referendum?

• Leave

Votes: 125 38.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Only a complete and utter idiot who lives in London would vote remain. I don't know any Londoner personally who is voting to remain.

Then we obviously move in different circles. I've lived and worked in London for the past 20 years, and will vote Remain. Also the fact that I work in the Financial Markets sector makes it a very easy decision.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
In an editorial, Der Spiegel argues that while it is too late “to convince the British to love the EU, perhaps we should use this opportunity to mention how much the rest of Europe admires them. It’s unbelievable that they don’t seem to see how much they’ve shaped the continent, how much we value them here, how close we Germans feel to them”.

“Germany has always looked across the Channel with some degree of envy,” it adds. “On our emotional map of Europe, the Italians were responsible for love and good food, the French for beauty and elegance and the Brits for nonchalance and progress. They have an inner independence that we Germans lack, in addition to myriad anti-authoritarian, defiant tendencies. A lot of what happened in Britain spilled over to us sooner or later, reinforcing our cultural ties.”

In a homage to British cultural exports ranging from “James Bond to Twiggy’s haircut”, the magazine’s staff writers said they wanted to offer Britain a “firm handshake, coupled with an honest, straightforward appeal: remain”.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Only a complete and utter idiot who lives in London would vote remain. I don't know any Londoner personally who is voting to remain.

I think the discussion is about the vote to remain in or leave the EU, not to remain in or leave Selhurst Park. Your comments were off topic, but to be fair, you make a good point.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
If we vote to leave it is inevitable that we will go back in at some point on much better terms. It will make the whole EU much more flexible because they will have no choice.

This is interesting, though to be honest I'd only see us rejoining if Brexit turns out to be a failure, in which case our terms would be more likely to be worse than better.

Seems like quite a huge risk.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
CklPduUW0AARyQM.jpg

CklPduFWEAAS10U.jpg

Special edition only £2 this week at all quality newsagents.

Perhaps some in the German government and the EU Commission should give it a read-nah,bit late now-bye bye:wave:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In an editorial, Der Spiegel argues that while it is too late “to convince the British to love the EU, perhaps we should use this opportunity to mention how much the rest of Europe admires them. It’s unbelievable that they don’t seem to see how much they’ve shaped the continent, how much we value them here, how close we Germans feel to them”.

“Germany has always looked across the Channel with some degree of envy,” it adds. “On our emotional map of Europe, the Italians were responsible for love and good food, the French for beauty and elegance and the Brits for nonchalance and progress. They have an inner independence that we Germans lack, in addition to myriad anti-authoritarian, defiant tendencies. A lot of what happened in Britain spilled over to us sooner or later, reinforcing our cultural ties.”

In a homage to British cultural exports ranging from “James Bond to Twiggy’s haircut”, the magazine’s staff writers said they wanted to offer Britain a “firm handshake, coupled with an honest, straightforward appeal: remain”.

This has nothing what so ever to do with how the European Union is run.

I love Europe too, but lets not confuse Europe and the EU. Two totally different things altogether.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Are you a Billy-No-Mates then?

Evening Standard Poll

Londoners are divided 51 per cent in favour of Remain, 34 per cent in favour of Leave and 14 per cent undecided.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why out of interest?
The number of people voting in this poll is too small to give a high enough confidence that results will be reflective of the actual referendum.

There are statisical techniques which can be used to analyse the confidence you can have have in a poll given the sample size. Many years ago I studied this, but sadly I've forgotten most of it now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't know anyone who I was sat in traffic with this morning on the Old Shoreham Road at the bottle neck by Victoria Park who is voting Leave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because this is basically a left wing forum. Nobody I know is voting remain.

I love this sort of evidence.

Even if someone is MEGA-popular, they won't know enough people to be able to correctly predict a referendum of 40 million+ voters from the votes of the people they know.

:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope that if there are still any people completely undecided that they bear in mind a vote for LEAVE could, in effect, be a vote for Boris Johnson as PM.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I just hope that if there are still any people completely undecided that they bear in mind a vote for LEAVE could, in effect, be a vote for Boris Johnson as PM.

I just hope that if there are still any people completely undecided that they bear in mind a vote for REMAIN could, in effect, be a vote for George Osborne as PM.

:wink:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just hope that if there are still any people completely undecided that they bear in mind a vote for REMAIN could, in effect, be a vote for George Osborne as PM.

:wink:

Now thats the biggest scaremongering in the whole debate so far :eek:

However not really relevant to the vote as I imagine whatever the result the government will go for a snap election

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here