Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit impact on overseas player signings

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This report says you are incorrect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33556085

A legally binding agreement has been struck to protect UK taxpayers' money from the impact of the Greek bailout, the Treasury says.
Chancellor George Osborne said the "impregnable ring fence" had followed "tough talks" and would also apply to future eurozone rescue packages.
Other non-eurozone countries would also be protected, the Treasury said.
George Osborne lying - whatever next?

We have already contributed. I'll look it up in a bit.

At the end of the day, the EU make the rules, and we do as we're told. EU funds that we contribute towards have been used to bail out Greece. And Greece will need bailing out again. And it's unlikely they'll be the only ones, and we'll pay.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

You really don't have to. I think we have already formed an opinion of you and your views.

What sort of job so you do?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

At the end of the day, the EU make the rules, and we do as we're told. EU funds that we contribute towards have been used to bail out Greece. And Greece will need bailing out again. And it's unlikely they'll be the only ones, and we'll pay.

I was agreeing with Yoda.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really don't have to. I think we have already formed an opinion of you and your views.
We?

Your argument is really lost when you have to start pretending everyone agrees with you and that I must be wrong because I dare to think for myself.

It's very simple - we were assured the European Financial Stabilisation Mechanism (EFSM) wouldn't be used for the bailout. And guess what, it was. Osbourne says that while our finds have been used for the bailout, those funds are ring fenced. Well that's reassuring.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This report says you are incorrect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33556085

A legally binding agreement has been struck to protect UK taxpayers' money from the impact of the Greek bailout, the Treasury says.
Chancellor George Osborne said the "impregnable ring fence" had followed "tough talks" and would also apply to future eurozone rescue packages.
Other non-eurozone countries would also be protected, the Treasury said.

Thanks prevented me from posting the link....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

We might have contributed in the past but its clear we wont in the future. Not sure why you think its a lie?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We might have contributed in the past but its clear we wont in the future. Not sure why you think its a lie?
All politicians lie. He's hardly going to tell us that he can't get a good deal for us. He started by saying they couldn't use the EFSM, then he backed down and they have used it. When a country badly needs saving for the good of the EU, the EU will have to try and help them, and they'll want us to pay too. They'll point out that we get the benefits of the EU so of course we have to pay too.

If things went the way we wanted in the EU we wouldn't even be having a referendum, we'd all want to stay in. But the EU is not a fair organisation, it's corrupt and we get shafted time and time again.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
If we leave the EU will be still be in the free trade zone. Which means freedom of movement. So we'd still have the 'immigration problem' lots on here and all over social are talking about. The house has said we wouldn't leave the free trade zone, the IN camp have the majority vote. Chances are it'll cost us more than EU membership. Think Norway pay more to the EU than we do and they're not IN.
The EU needs changing, but you can't change it from the outside.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not seen this before but if true it makes for grim reading.

The individual in question supposedly studies football law and claims the following.

In the event of GB leaving the EU, any players within the Eurozone will need to have earned a percentage of caps in the last two years, to sign for a club in the UK.

In other words if true the signings of Knockheart, Vicente, Kucszak, Calderon, Ulloa, Bruno, Orlandi, Hemed, Spanish Dave would not have been possible.

Anyone else heard of this? Is this something to do with the need for work permits?

If he's right, English football will change dramatically with a greater reliance (and premium) on home grown talent.

Could we be seeing the demise of the foreign import outside of the BPL?

http://www.theweek.co.uk/premier-league/70125/eu-referendum-would-brexit-destroy-the-premier-league

37245050be43cbe21332472b00595155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a price worth paying as its not about foreign footballers after all :)
On a more serious note do people honestly think European footballers or citizens will all be shut out? Players will easily get in as will many eu citizens although controlled.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we leave the EU will be still be in the free trade zone. Which means freedom of movement. So we'd still have the 'immigration problem' lots on here and all over social are talking about. The house has said we wouldn't leave the free trade zone, the IN camp have the majority vote. Chances are it'll cost us more than EU membership. Think Norway pay more to the EU than we do and they're not IN.
Won't be freedom of movement end of...trade and people are two different things :)

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain.
...and Great Britain is not a member of the EU. Not sure if you genuinely believe that NI will remain in the EU whatever the result or whether you are being rather pedantic about the OP using GB rather than UK!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People with skills would still be allowed in. nurses are an obvious candidate for this. Worthing hospital is run by Phillippino nurses and very good they are too. Similar points system to Australia would ensure that we got the right people coming in.

Clearly allowing 300,000 net immigration will only stretch the NHS further, hence why I am voting out. If you are worried about the NHS you should be voting out.

Please explain to me how removing lots of hard working doctors and nurses and replacing them with millions of sickly ex-pat pensioners will help the NHS.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Please explain to me how removing lots of hard working doctors and nurses and replacing them with millions of sickly ex-pat pensioners will help the NHS.
Where did he say removing ?
He said controlling who comes in and that includes skilled doctors and nurses...:)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
...and Great Britain is not a member of the EU. Not sure if you genuinely believe that NI will remain in the EU whatever the result or whether you are being rather pedantic about the OP using GB rather than UK!

I'm not sure how you can be rather pedantic :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The house has said we wouldn't leave the free trade zone, the IN camp have the majority vote. Chances are it'll cost us more than EU membership.
It won't.
Think Norway pay more to the EU than we do and they're not IN.
Norway pay less than us.

We've failed to stop in turning shit from the inside, so we know that doesn't work. And it can be changed from the outside - outside pressures always lead to countries changing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain.
Nonetheless, if the vote is to leave, Northern Ireland, along with England, Wales and Scotland will leave thee EU. The OP's lack of understanding of the difference between Great Britain and the UK is not pertinent to the facts. Brexit includes Northern Ireland.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No influx of ex-pat pensioners. They'll continue drawing their pensions - state or private or both - and stay where they are. Well done the remain campaign though, in succeeding in convincing you that millions of Brits in the Costa del Sol and elsewhere will all come flocking home to flop into the nearest hospital bed and stay there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here