Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit impact on overseas player signings

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do we by voting out really need to start chucking anyone out?

Do you feel for the long term future of this country do you feel being part of the EU we will be much more financially secure and safer? I know I don't.

I didn't actually literally mean chucking people out, but that's effectively what we'd be doing. There is a rapid turnover in such jobs with many from Poland, Romania, etc coming over for a couple of years then heading home to be replaced by others.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nonetheless, if the vote is to leave, Northern Ireland, along with England, Wales and Scotland will leave thee EU. The OP's lack of understanding of the difference between Great Britain and the UK is not pertinent to the facts. Brexit includes Northern Ireland.

I'm fully aware of that. My orginial comment in respect of players was obviously too oblique for you.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Do you feel for the long term future of this country do you feel being part of the EU we will be much more financially secure and safer? I know I don't.

Yes absolutely.

"In the short run, our estimates therefore suggest that the overall effect of Brexit would be to damage the public finances. On the basis of estimates by NIESR, the effect could be between £20 billion and £40 billion in 2019–20, more than enough to wipe out the planned surplus. In the long run, lower GDP would likely mean lower cash levels of public spending.

To put this in context, dealing with the public finance effect would require at least an additional one or two years of ‘austerity’ – spending cuts or tax rises – at the same rate as we have experienced recently to get the public finances back to balance (should that remain the government’s priority). Following this path would also mean government debt remaining higher than otherwise, and additional debt interest payments."

http://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/8296

9/10 economists agree that if we leave we will be poorer in the short and long-term.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

No we don't, everyone already here has a right to remain (Vienna Convention) and the Leave campaign support this view.

Understandable, being tied to a weak under performing political union project with intrinsic economic instability (yet to be resolved) should lead any sane person to question how safe or secure we will be.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You are fundamentally wrong though. The majority of those coming to the country are of working age, and they tend to use the NHS less than the elderly. The NHS spends 80% of the average cost for an individual in the last 3-6 months of their life, due to the nature of long term care for the elderly.

People of a working age are contributing to the NHS, first of all through the tax system, and secondly as a significant proportion of them work in the health service.

There are valid reasons for voting out, but the NHS is not one of them.

Wise and balanced words

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here