Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramadan

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just like this lot [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION], in MY hometown , when this happens in Worthing lets see how you like it.

o

More than that Italians celebrating in Worthing after Italy won the football World Cup years back.

Anyway why does it upset you so much ? Looked peaceful enough to me. Plenty of Kids in Oz from English parents still celebrate like that over there when we win at cricket( tee hee)

I remember a youth football tournament in the late 80's I think (u18 or 21) over there when there were about a thousand English youngsters tearing the place apart and attacking the Aussie supporters. Proper football violence as well. They had been born and brought up over there as well. When I get some time I'll try and find it for you in case you think I'm bullshitting.

Stupid idiots starving themselves in our country in the name of religion that has no place here. I am so pissed off hearing about this bloody religion all the time that I won't be reading this thread or commentating on it in any way. Now, back to the main purpose of NSC. Are you bremain or Brexit:-D

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
o

More than that Italians celebrating in Worthing after Italy won the football World Cup years back.

Anyway why does it upset you so much ? Looked peaceful enough to me. Plenty of Kids in Oz from English parents still celebrate like that over there when we win at cricket( tee hee)

I remember a youth football tournament in the late 80's I think (u18 or 21) over there when there were about a thousand English youngsters tearing the place apart and attacking the Aussie supporters. Proper football violence as well. They had been born and brought up over there as well. When I get some time I'll try and find it for you in case you think I'm bullshitting.
I remember it as well, no they hadn't.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ramadan is supposed to be about fasting but it only applies between sunrise and sunset. This also means that you can eat as much as you want outside of these hours, so Muslims tend to eat a lot more in celebration of food during this time than what they would do normally.

Ramadan is practiced to commemorate Muhammad’s so called first revelation rather than a detox for health reasons but Muslims try and claim it as a modern health practice sent by a divine message from God.

Medically it is said that we can benefit from fasting once a week for 12 hours so I would guess that fasting between sun hours for a month with Ramadan doesn’t help because fasting should be spread out over the year. Summertime Ramadan gives Muslims a 7 hour window to eat which means that it is highly likely that they go to bed on a full stomach which is said is not good for you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ramadan doesn't offend me and people who want to do it free to do so. I do think you've got to be a bit simple to allow some fairytale to tell you what you can eat, or when you can eat or even what you can or can't wear. Bizarre.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just like this lot [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION], in MY hometown , when this happens in Worthing lets see how you like it.

I don't understand what the problem is. Looks harmless enough. I remember when Spanish students filled the Old Steine after their World Cup triumph. I was overjoyed for them. My biggest concern was knuckle headed locals attacking them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
o

yeah ...go on ...please find it.....but before you do i would suggest that if this did happen it would be more likely to be croatian or serb youths kicking off .......went to loads of cricket matches in the 80's in sydney and they were always "lively" without getting out of hand......i'm not sure how we got from ramadan to football hoolies anyway but seeing as we are expanding our field of discussion can i throw in systematic grooming as a conversation starter.....???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I feel sorry for the kids doing exams at the moment, it must be tough enough for any child let alone those going without food and water!

Most parents make exceptions according to my teacher friends

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ok, sloppy wording. 'I'm always intrigued about why people get so worked up about others fasting"

Well, I have no issue at all with those that choose to, I work with lots of muslims and my girlfriend is also a (very lapsed) muslim. I do have an issue with anyone being forced or certainly pressured into doing something they do not want to, especially kids at a school for example. People are just terrified to say anything for fear being called an islamophobe. I think if you have a genuine reason for showing some concern then there is no issue. Poking holes in the practice simply because it is a muslim tradition is though pretty futile I agree.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just be like 'Wrong Direction' & Me - work hard - play hard - :drink:
Be kind to your neighbours - be good to your customers.
Let your kids nearly bankrupt you and always say yes to her indoors.
You are on your own in this life and you make the best of it.
I have spoken to my son about praying five times a day but he ain't keen as he is too fecking busy.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If non muslim parents stopped their children eating and drinking for almost 19 hours a day for 29 days, because they believed in fairies at the bottom of the garden they would be sectioned and their children taken into care.....and rightly so.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't understand what the problem is. Looks harmless enough. I remember when Spanish students filled the Old Steine after their World Cup triumph. I was overjoyed for them. My biggest concern was knuckle headed locals attacking them.

Of course you don't understand what the problem is , you live in Brighton and those Spanish students weren't 3rd and 4th Generation immigrants who are intent on creating a replica of Pakistan in Brighton , owe no loyalty to this country whatsoever but strenuously claim to be British when it suits them.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Isn't about time we as a species grew out of this religion malarkey? (When I say 'we', I obviously don't include myself as I have evolved and operate on a higher plane of existence than most on here.)

Failing that, I really don't understand why people who need to worship a made up higher being choose to make up one that's such a, you know, dick. Prove your devotion to me by starving yourself for a month, or by building ostentatious palaces in my name whilst people starve in the gutters literally just outside, or if you REALLY want to be one of the chosen ones chop the end of your willy off!

If god does exist (and unfortunately I am unable to prove that he doesn't so I'll just have to go on pretending that there's a slight chance that he might) he must be looking down and pissing himself.

"They do what now!?! wankers!"

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Absolutely positively not. Not in a million years. Anyway, it's still 'light' at 8pm when England kick off on Saturday

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Religion is for weak minded simpletons who still believe in fairytales and superstition. It's all a bit pathetic what people will do in the name of made up nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here