Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ramadan

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Even if it did affect you , you had a choice , like it or lump it, you were in their country, abide by their rules and traditions or f*ck off, simple.

Well, like I said, it didnt affect me.

I did consider four wives, but was reminded by a Saudi of the four monther in laws.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As far as I see it, if they want to starve themselves in the name of Dr Spock, or whoever it is they are worshipping, then let the ****ers get on with it. No skin off my nose.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I hope this won't be imposed in Qatar. It is anti Islamic to have a "Qaza" haircut which most footballers have. Although the goalkeeper's hair looks nothing like it.

View attachment 75554
Qaza' is frowned upon here by the religious conservartives, especially the Pan-Malayan Islamic Party (but not haram, you can see tons of Malaysian youth sporting Qaza' hairstyles)

And our Beram does sport a Qaza' haircut and is married to a Jew (maybe, is this true?) Win-win all around :cheery:

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Qaza' is frowned upon here by the religious conservartives, especially the Pan-Malayan Islamic Party (but not haram, you can see tons of Malaysian youth sporting Qaza' hairstyles)

And our Beram does sport a Qaza' haircut and is married to a Jew (maybe, is this true?) Win-win all around :cheery:

Yep, I see loads of Muslims sporting the Qaza haircuts, normally in vain pouting fb profile selfies :)

For this to happen in Saudi doesn't do them any favours though. What's going to be the haircut rule in Qatar? And should Islam dictate haircuts to non Muslim sports people?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Yep, I see loads of Muslims sporting the Qaza haircuts, normally in vain pouting fb profile selfies :)

For this to happen in Saudi doesn't do them any favours though. What's going to be the haircut rule in Qatar? And should Islam dictate haircuts to non Muslim sports people?
About Qatari haircut rules: Truthfully, I don't know.
About dictation of haircuts by Islam: No, no and no. I think the only sect that even advocates this is Wahabiism

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36567863

Radiohead fans attacked at Istanbul record shop

UK rock band Radiohead have condemned an attack on people listening to their new album at a record store in the Turkish city of Istanbul.

Some 20 suspected Islamists beat up customers and staff for drinking alcohol and listening to music during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Unconfirmed reports said one person was injured in the incident on Friday.

The band described the assault on the Velvet Indieground store as an act of "violent intolerance".

Local media reports said the male attackers used sticks and bottles against those present.

The store in the central Beyoglu district was livestreaming Radiohead's new album A Moon Shaped Pool.

A Radiohead statement said: "Our hearts go out to those attacked at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul.

"We hope that someday we will be able to look back on such acts of violent intolerance as things of the ancient past.

"For now, we can only offer our fans in Istanbul our love and support."

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I used to love Ramadan at school, because my Muslim mate wouldn't have to queue up for Lunch, leaving him free to go and grab one of the football goals for all of us to use once we'd finished eating.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Our drummer was 15 minutes late for rehearsal last week because he was breaking his fast. When will it end???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here