Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muhammad Ali On Life Support

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
It's like he died years ago.You don't see him you don't hear him because of his illness.A legendary figure of our time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
His greatness was before my time, or at least at a time when I was too young to appreciate it. But I've seen the footage, watched the interviews, read the quotes, read the articles, watched When We Were Kings, and learned his story. A true icon of the 20th century, and its so sad that we will never see the like of him again. Heavyweight boxing nowadays is such a pale, drab imitation of the huge global event it used to be, and the sporting world is so much poorer for it. Now we just have overhyped pretenders, boorish oafs like Fury, lots of noise but not an OUNCE of the class and charisma of the likes of Ali, or many of the fighters of that era who would've put him on his arse at a time of their choosing.

I hope Ali gets through this and spends a few more years amongst us, because we're fast running out of legends this year.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Without doubt the greatest living legend in sport. Has me thinking what other legends remain. The greatest I can think of are Garfield Sobers (saw him and Rohan Kanhai slaughter Sussex way back) and Rod Laver (might have won Wimbledon nine times if professionals weren't banned from the tournament). Not that cheating druggie Maradona but maybe Pele. But Muhammad Ali transcends them all.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Not only one of, if not the greatest boxer of the 20th century, but in my opinion one of the greatest men of the century. Had the pleasure to visit the Ali Center in Louisville a few years ago, there is so much more to the man than you could ever realise.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Died this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
RIP. What a legend.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Struggling to remember a bigger worldwide icon of my generation. This is such a sad year for celebrity deaths, I grew up with most of them. RIP

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
RIP Ali, there will only ever be one greatest. You fought everything in your life like a true warrior.
Nobody will ever even come close to your legendary status

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very sad news to wake up to.

RIP 'The Greatest'. :down:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
his fights against Joe Frazier were amazing

RIP

The Greatest

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boxing was never my thing, but I loved Cassius as he was called. He was good looking, charismatic and a very good boxer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here