Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BBC's licence fee wastage !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Im glad the BBC are using their budget so wisely discussing such crucial issues :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/ztvdg82#zcjxwxs

So your post on exactly the same topic as yesterday gets moved to the other stuff so you start the same thread rather than taking the hint that the first attempt was moved for a reason.

I suppose you are working on the if you tell the same thing a 1000 times the message will get across

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd be more concerned about the amount paid to that fawning lickspittle Graham Norton.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So your post on exactly the same topic as yesterday gets moved to the other stuff so you start the same thread rather than taking the hint that the first attempt was moved for a reason.

I suppose you are working on the if you tell the same thing a 1000 times the message will get across
Ah, it was moved was it ? Why do you think the ''reason'' for that was ?

On the subject of the Beeb wasting money, this morning I was watching a piece on the new plastic £5 notes and how it would impact on business's.

They then proceeded to show a magician doing tricks with this new £5 note, in Scotland.

I am a a total loss as to the relevance.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Im glad the BBC are using their budget so wisely discussing such crucial issues :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/ztvdg82#zcjxwxs

Offence.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Feel free to correct me but I'm reasonably certain that the licence fee doesn't cover the iWonder type stuff. Or indeed the BBC News website.

The licence fee pays for BBC Online and iPlayer etc so includes iWonder and bbc.co.uk/news
However for certain parts of bbc.co.uk - you might see adverts outside of the UK when trying to view.

boik

I think the BBC is just about the best value for money of ANYTHING I spend my money on :shrug:

Couldn't agree more. Less than 40p a day. What else can you get for that? 1/10 of a pint. 1 cigarette.. 1 copy of the sun. 2 minutes of football.

It's amazing value but people always moan because there are some repeats and some programmes that they don't like.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The BBC is a fantastic British institution which I'm very grateful for and also very proud of. Worth every penny! , for the radio alone, even though technically you don't have to pay a licence fee for radio.

If it's very existence also manages to piss off right wing bigots along the way?, that's just an added bonus :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I bloody love the BBC and the way that this scumbag government is attacking it on behalf of their mates is nothing short of a national disgrace.

I don't care if they "waste" some of the licence fee, nobody's going to like all of their output. What I get from it is exceptional value for money despite the fact that I don't watch much of the tv stuff (that most of the money is spent on) other than news. I'd pay the licence fee just for 6music and TMS.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The discussion is quite relevant on the BBC.
Wandering around French cities whilst under a heightened terror climate, wearing a Crusader costume, probably isnt the wisest choice of attire during the Euro's.
People around the world trust the BBC over most other news organisations. Only people who seem to dislike it, are rightwing British people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wandering around French cities whilst under a heightened terror climate, wearing a Crusader costume, probably isnt the wisest choice of attire during the Euro's.

Are muslim extremists going to the Euros disguised as Richard the Lionheart then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here