Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Paultons Park or Chessington (or Thorpe Park)?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
6 year old Paulton's Park every day, it's great the rides are designed for the younger child, perfect!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He'll be having 16 nights in Disney World about 10 weeks from now. He's already a veteran of 4 Disney World visits, 2 Disney cruises and 2 Christmas visits to Disneyland Paris.

As such I was previously concerned he'd feel a bit underwhelmed with UK parks, but he loved Legoland. Tickets for Paultons for tomorrow already booked!

Six Flags Magic Mountain. Kicks Disney and Universal completely into touch. Roller coaster heaven. Wish we had a UK equivalent.

Give him a couple or so,more years to do a little about history - Romans and Vikings and suchlike and take him here. It will blow his (and your) mind (and not in an annoying "...the secret ingredient in this cupcake recipe will blow your mind.." sort of way). And not a white knuckle ride in sight.

puydufou.com/en

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Ah Paultons- I used to love it there as a kid. Have young cousins still who go there and they love it each time (which is quite often)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another shout for Paultons Park, haven't been for ages but my boys and their cousins had a brilliant time when we visited.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Give him a couple or so,more years to do a little about history - Romans and Vikings and suchlike and take him here. It will blow his (and your) mind (and not in an annoying "...the secret ingredient in this cupcake recipe will blow your mind.." sort of way). And not a white knuckle ride in sight.

puydufou.com/en

That looks really good; How essential is it to be fluent in french tho?

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Went to Paultons last year with a 6 and 2 year old and they both loved it. It's perfect for that age group, is clean, tidy and doesn't look as tired as Legoland and Chessington. You won't be disappointed !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it wasn't for this thread, and the overwhelming suggestion to try Paulton's, I'd not have spent a couple of hours this evening with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] in a hotel bar.

Thanks NSC - you played a blinder, as usual.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another Paultons vote from me. I took my little one and her friend a couple of years ago when they were 7 and they loved it. More rides that Drusillas but doesnt have so many animals. For that age bracket I found the rides to be a bigger pull than the animals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it wasn't for this thread, and the overwhelming suggestion to try Paulton's, I'd not have spent a couple of hours this evening with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] in a hotel bar.

Thanks NSC - you played a blinder, as usual.

:thumbsup:

Hope the weather holds for you.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Went to Chessington World of Queues today, with the family - Me, Mrs Nylon and 8 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son.

We've been to Paultons twice in recent times, so that was our benchmark. Wow - Chessington is like a dirty, dangerous, festering hell-hole in comparsion and not an experience I shall be repeating. Paulton's is clean, well-organised, professional and looks like the right level of investment has been made in the right places. That is why we have been back and will most likely return again in the future.

Chessington is an awful experience. Parked in a muddy field (£3 for the privilege...) Traipsed through mud to reach some huts that double up as the customer entrance and paid an absolutely bloody fortune to a bunch of idiots who seemed to have no idea what they were doing. The whole park is tired, dirty and poorly laid out. Huge queues for some pretty mediocre rides and just a dismal place to be.

Relieved when it was time to go home, but then faced huge queues to get out the car park as people attempted to pay at the exit barriers...

Ironically, the last thing you have to do to get out after queuing all day, is queue to get out. Great work, Merlin :facepalm:

If you are thinking of going - don't. A huge waste of money and a day of your life you'll never get back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here