Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on...Who has upset the MASSIVE?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
They had an extra 11K fans come out of the woodwork for their home game against us and we're the tinpot club.. :lolol:

Had no issue with them until they decided to boo our injured players then attack scarfers outside the ground.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is from their forum by a Moderator named Eastern,

'I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Maybe why week in week out they have such a poxy atmosphere down there '

Now if that is a mod, what are the rest of them like? Anyone know him, or capable of finding out more about him?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

'I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Now if that is a mod, what are the rest of them like? Anyone know him, or capable of finding out more about him?
What a complete tosser. He should instantly have his passport revoked and be sent back to Yorkshire.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I agree. Boro were on the receiving end of a s**t decision. And then we were on the receiving end of three. Evens out.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

What a BELL END.... How many did they have at our league game compared to the play off game?? Plastics...they can talk!

They've got a point though. People were over the moon some team with nothing to do with us lost. So what?

The bitterness is so cringey.

It's been a cringey few weeks, refs included. Would be nice if we manned up a bit and while realising we had a great overachieving season, maybe we aren't the finished article yet

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's been a cringey few weeks, refs included. Would be nice if we manned up a bit and while realising we had a great overachieving season, maybe we aren't the finished article yet

While we're certainly not the finished article that overachieving thing really boils my piss. You cannot overachieve over a 46 game season. You cannot go over 20 games unbeaten if you are overachieving. It's not possible.

The first 11 that went and did battle week in and week out were head and shoulders above 18 or 19 teams in this division. We might not have beaten Massive Wednesday but we took four points off promoted Hull and had two creditable draws against Burnley. What we lacked was strength in depth, squad wise, in the first half of the season and luck. Simple as that.

While we're certainly not the finished article that overachieving thing really boils my piss. You cannot overachieve over a 46 game season. You cannot go over 20 games unbeaten if you are overachieving. It's not possible.

Yes players can overachieve with a great manager - but record against top teams shows the flaws. Three promoted teams all had better squads than us. Comiserations to your piss

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes players can overachieve with a great manager - but record against top teams shows the flaws. Three promoted teams all had better squads than us. Comiserations to your piss

You've missed the point. You said "we" not "the players". Hughton got a team performance out of those players week in, week out and Hughton and Barber (and others) got the fans to buy back in after a miserable preceding season. "We" as a club did not overachieve because it wasn't to do with individuals, it was actually to do with #together. But carry on damning with faint praise.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

He is nothing but a liar.

You've missed the point. You said "we" not "the players". Hughton got a team performance out of those players week in, week out and Hughton and Barber (and others) got the fans to buy back in after a miserable preceding season. "We" as a club did not overachieve because it wasn't to do with individuals, it was actually to do with #together. But carry on damning with faint praise.

You carry on damning one of the most remarkable managerial performances I've seen with faint praise too, if you want to be silly about it, which I'm sensing you do

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

We did not overachieve. We got the number of points we deserved over the whole season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

How can you over achieve with a great manager ? A player who works to his potential is not an 'over achiever'. If anything I felt it was Hughton's caution away from home which cost some vital points- we could have made the top two. But my criticism there is purposefully dampened and weak, he deserved his award. These 'over achievers' with the correct reinforcements, will hold their position in the top six next year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You carry on damning one of the most remarkable managerial performances I've seen with faint praise too, if you want to be silly about it, which I'm sensing you do

There's nothing silly about pointing out that getting 89 points and losing only 5 regular season games isn't something to be written off with a shrug of the shoulders and a "how the heck did we do that?"

Did Knockaert overachieve? No. Did Goldson? No. Kayal? No. Naturally talented footballers brought in by CH AND the recruitment team. Did Bruno. Stockdale and Stephens overachieve? No. They trained hard, applied themselves and got the result. Did Rosenior overachieve? No. One of the most impressive individuals I've ever seen at a football club. Did Lua Lua, Greer and Baldock overachieve? Yes, quite probably but they were dragged along with the success and team spirit of the others.

You genuinely don't get it. This is one of the toughest leagues in the world and you don't get our record by accident. Next you'll be saying we haven't played anyone decent yet and signing it off with an auto-signature that all but pleads for a manager from 2006 to return. Oh, wait......

How can you over achieve with a great manager ? A player who works to his potential is not an 'over achiever'. If anything I felt it was Hughton's caution away from home which cost some vital points- we could have made the top two. But my criticism there is purposefully dampened and weak, he deserved his award. These 'over achievers' with the correct reinforcements, will hold their position in the top six next year.

Interesting POV which I respect but clearly don't agree with, at least you are being straightforward about your Hughton criticisms rather than GB's silly whataboutery

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I don't give a hoot what they think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Complete and utter winker.

So many lies and untruths in there it's almost funny. It's not, though - it's sad.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here