Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clodhoppers and Hoofers 0, 4th best team in championship 1

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would have been a travesty if people like Nuhiu, Hutchison etc were considered 'Premier Leage' players.

As I saw Nuhiu waiting to come on, I knew it was game over. Awful, awful footballer. It was like the footballing Gods took one look at that and thought "No. Not him. Not in the Premier League. Ever".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't see Hull get more than thirty points next season unless they sign 100 million quids worth of better players - doh:wozza:

Their defence should be better than it was last time. Dawson & Davies are a high class pairing, and Odubajo & Robertson are an improvement on what they had previously.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As I saw Nuhiu waiting to come on, I knew it was game over. Awful, awful footballer. It was like the footballing Gods took one look at that and thought "No. Not him. Not in the Premier League. Ever".

What made me chuckle is that he was clearly put on for some aerial presence (Hooper did nothing and Forestieri can't have an aerial presence if he's on the floor all the time) but not once did they throw it up to him...it's as if the rest of the team thought "I see what you want us to do boss, but sod that".

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Didn't want Wednesday to go up but this Hull love in is bizarre. Like Burnley they only went up because of parachute payments. Hull is a rugby town ffs and produces fewer local players than coastal Sussex.
Expect no more than one non parachute club to go up next season. After that the the door might shut totally. The Premier League is a shambles protecting a host of tinpot clubs who can only dream of the home support that Championship clubs like ourselves get.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Listening to TalkSport on Friday, I heard Jason Cundy ( an impartial presenter ) refer to Wednesday fans as..." a little too full of themselves " and I instantly knew how he felt. Ever since they got past us in the semi-final, the majority of them have shown no grace or class. Cundy was clearly indicating in his comments that he favoured Hull purely because of the Wednesday attitude. They have dominated the airwaves with their arrogance and assertion that it was their right to be there etc.
They were miles behind the top three in the league and yesterday, they were outclassed by the 4th placed club. They have one or two good players but generally, are pretty ordinary. Everything went for them over the two legs against us but their luck ran out and they were exposed v Hull, a good solid side, much better than Wednesday.
We will still finish above them next season but it won't stop the bone-headed arrogance rearing its ugly head again if they are in the shake-up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Listening to TalkSport on Friday, I heard Jason Cundy ( an impartial presenter ) refer to Wednesday fans as..." a little too full of themselves " and I instantly knew how he felt. Ever since they got past us in the semi-final, the majority of them have shown no grace or class. Cundy was clearly indicating in his comments that he favoured Hull purely because of the Wednesday attitude. They have dominated the airwaves with their arrogance and assertion that it was their right to be there etc.
They were miles behind the top three in the league and yesterday, they were outclassed by the 4th placed club. They have one or two good players but generally, are pretty ordinary. Everything went for them over the two legs against us but their luck ran out and they were exposed v Hull, a good solid side, much better than Wednesday.
We will still finish above them next season but it won't stop the bone-headed arrogance rearing its ugly head again if they are in the shake-up.

I've heard Cundy called a lot of things, but impartial? Never

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wednesday won't finish above Newcastle, Norwich, Derby ( or us !!! ) next season.

5th place at best, and may miss out on the playoffs.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Didn't want Wednesday to go up but this Hull love in is bizarre. Like Burnley they only went up because of parachute payments. Hull is a rugby town ffs and produces fewer local players than coastal Sussex.
Expect no more than one non parachute club to go up next season. After that the the door might shut totally. The Premier League is a shambles protecting a host of tinpot clubs who can only dream of the home support that Championship clubs like ourselves get.

Dont think its about a love in old chap I think its a case of not wanting a club to go up because they didnt deserve it ...as simple as that .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We celebrated heavily in our house. You lot mostly only have to deal with Wednesday 😂 wankers on the internet. My life would have been pretty unbearable if the undeserving tossers had gone up.

Even the decent SW fans I know would have been a nightmare. Very very happy.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Perhaps those marvelous best supporters in the land who deserve and should be in the premier may want to support their team on a regular basis and take them up in the attendance league from 4th to first, considering their ground holds over 39000 I would have thought wednesday fans would be clambering to get a ticket every week seeing as they are so passionate .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here