Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - Pub Talk

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Dunk and Goldson are guaranteed a start, they are the best centre half partnership we have had for many years.

My Christ, what a houmour less bunch on parade today. Yes I know Dunk is out in front in the selection stakes. Have none of you the savvy to read or work out that my post was a put down to interested parties. :facepalm:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
My Christ, what a houmour less bunch on parade today. Yes I know Dunk is out in front in the selection stakes. Have none of you the savvy to read or work out that my post was a put down to interested parties. :facepalm:
Nope. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He's certainly on a par with Elphick and Cook. I can see him and Goldson playing Premier football. Another year in the championship won't do them any harm.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I can't believe we wouldn't have let Greer go If the club aren't committed to keeping Dunk AND Goldson (unless some stoopid money is involved)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I can't believe we wouldn't have let Greer go If the club aren't committed to keeping Dunk AND Goldson (unless some stoopid money is involved)

To be honest, despite his great service to the club, all the experience in the world wouldn't make up for his lack of pace. Whilst he could do a job in the championship, if we have aspirations of promotion we need something better. If that isn't Dunk and Goldson, then the cheque book needs to come out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
To be honest, despite his great service to the club, all the experience in the world wouldn't make up for his lack of pace. Whilst he could do a job in the championship, if we have aspirations of promotion we need something better. If that isn't Dunk and Goldson, then the cheque book needs to come out.

Indeed (ish) .... unless the last couple of weeks were just a bad dream, we're in the championship next season

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Do you honestly think what is posted on here will influence potential buyers either way.
BG have you finally lost the plot? I couldn't give a toss about potential buyers. The OP was in a pub listening to Nigels bigging it. My original post wasn't to downplay Dunks ability, nor a serious suggestion he shouldn't be first on the team sheet. It was meant to belittle their fantasy suggestions of nicking him away from us, all in the arena of pub talk..... I'll give up on this one :rolleyes:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In my local in Caterham last night while I was enjoying lots of Palace baiting, much talk about Lewis signing for the Palace and questions about how good is he and would he be worth in the region of £8 million.

I know it's only pub talk and has been mentioned in the Croydon Advertiser, no smoke without fire (quite appropriate for the Palace)

Are you Lewis' Agent by any chance ?...................................Last year his agent battered stories round to every newspaper that had dripping ink to turn Lewis' head.

Sounds like it is starting again. - I am a Dunk convert. He is better than I first thought he was but this year if his Agent tries the same tactics I think he could be replaced cheaper than what we could sell him for and by better. . Don't ask me who because I have no idea but good central defenders are easier to find than good strikers. I mean, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth won the Premier League, who would have bet money on that ever happening in your life time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here