Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your guaranteed hangover cure

DO NOT, whatever you do go down the Lucozade route.

Last time I did that as soon as it hit my stomach it was immediately ejected at great velocity back out through my nose.

Unpleasant experience to say the very least.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Couple of extra strong mints in Diet Coke , shake well then drink extremely quick. Will get rid of anything.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
But seriously, a Frijj Banana milk shake, two paracetamol, and a monster lie in.

Years of experience have proved this to be correct. Although I do prefer Strawberry to banana.

Then around 1pm an uncle Sam's burger and large shake for good measure.

Hope the hangover was worth it!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've always found something extremely greasy, bacon sandwich as a minimum. The bakery round the corner from me does these bacon and melted cheese pastry wraps which are perfect. Then a bit later, a can of 7up and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps.

Also, getting outside to do something active always helps. It feels awful at first, but I find once you get past that then you feel much better. Can be risky though if you're prone to throwing up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Also, getting outside to do something active always helps. It feels awful at first, but I find once you get past that then you feel much better. Can be risky though if you're prone to throwing up.

Very true. Always amazed on ski trips how extremely quickly a hangover disappears when hurtling down a mountain. :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Leave a can of red bull in the fridge the night before.

Lie in bed until needing a piss forces you to get up. After taking 'said piss'' down the can of red bull and go back to bed and doze till ''said red bull'' takes effect, then rise and begin a glorious new day

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
For some reason a can of cherry coke does it for me. Has to be cherry.

Never drink it at any other times.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks. I have bananas and milk and a blender thingie. I'll see if I can persuade my other half to make me one; she's not been overly sympathetic so far, but I live in hope that'll change.
Why is it that they can't have sympathy when it's a self inflicted problem?

So ****ing what if it's self inflicted, it still bloody hurts. If I crash my car and badly injure myself, presumably she'll wait for the police report to decide whether I get sympathy.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why is it that they can't have sympathy when it's a self inflicted problem?

So ****ing what if it's self inflicted, it still bloody hurts. If I crash my car and badly injure myself, presumably she'll wait for the police report to decide whether I get sympathy.

Or until she has read the terms of your life insurance policy

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No coffee, dehydrates the brain, which is in need of rehydration.
So red bush tea, water or something similar. With paracetemol (I'm about to have another batch).
The Japanese do miso soup, that sometimes works ...
... as does a fry-up.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
DO NOT, whatever you do go down the Lucozade route.

Last time I did that as soon as it hit my stomach it was immediately ejected at great velocity back out through my nose.

Unpleasant experience to say the very least.

Always found orange Lucozade to be the PERFECT cure. A big bottle of that with a bacon sandwich and I can take on the world.

Played 6 hours of cricket after that cured the worst hangover in years a few weeks back

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Oralyte in a pint of water with paracetamol, then followed by a carb heavy meal followed by copious amounts of water. Hangovers are largely to do with dehydration so it's important to hydrate as quickly as possible.

The benefit of seeing a nursing student, when I get back, she has a pint of water and oralyte ready for when I get in. Wake up pretty good...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've just staggered back into the pub and am currently feeling like I could cry into a pint. Give me an hour and 3 pints and I'll report back.

I generally find getting drunk again works best. Sobering up whilst awake isn't usually a problem for me!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Andrews liver salts and loads of water (ideally before bed but too late obviously), some stodgy food (doorstep bacon sandwich), more water and loads of tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here