Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just had a chat with him at lgw. He said hopefully he's signing for us permanently next season.
You mean you didn't get him to sign right there!

Nice one 'inho :thumbsup:

He's lost so much pace from his last time from us I really think it would be better if we went looking for more of a younger Clayton type player

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree with the Irish fella above. Think we could do better

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
We done a lot of business at the beginning of pre season last year so not a fair comment in regards to the current management

Last year the club quietly and competently went about the task of strengthening the squad in a way quite untypical of our usual transfer histrionics

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Does that 'hopefully' mean that 'hopefully' we will meet his wage demands and length of contract !

It could be that more players will now be prepared to take a punt on us with more modest demands in the belief that we could well go up to the promised Premiership and the riches that would bring.

I am on the fence with him to be honest.

Its going to be far more difficult to be promoted next season,give us entertaining football at the Amex to keep us coming back,which is more likely than if we had been promoted.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Its going to be far more difficult to be promoted next season,give us entertaining football at the Amex to keep us coming back,which is more likely than if we had been promoted.

Oh yes when we went up to Div 1 in the late 70's the fun of getting there was much more entertaining than once we were there. The first game being that 4 0 home defeat to Arsenal was a real wake up call !!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh yes when we went up to Div 1 in the late 70's the fun of getting there was much more entertaining than once we were there. The first game being that 4 0 home defeat to Arsenal was a real wake up call !!

Good post. Crowds dipped a few thousand after 1979 promotion. Little fun seeing expensively assembled Manure or Arse taking their regular wins at Albion home games.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Lol! you really want to find something better to do with your time you pathetic person.

I'm still astonished by people who use 'done' instead of 'did'. I just don't understand it, my primary school taught us that at about age 6. How do people possibly still get it wrong?

They may think it doesn't matter and it's just nit-picking, but if I ever saw that on a job application form, for example, I would instantly reject the person. It does matter, and when you read it in a football message board or wherever, it instantly makes you lower the value of the person who wrote it's opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They may think it doesn't matter and it's just nit-picking, but if I ever saw that on a job application form, for example, I would instantly reject the person.

As someone who does recruitment as part of my job, the standard of spelling and grammar in people's applications and CVs does factor into my decisions - there really is no excuse for getting it wrong and annoys me when people do.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Sidwell would be a good addition to the squad. He was excellent in the second leg v Wednesday and has plenty to offer. However if both Stephens and Kayal stay, ( please) they will know they're still automatic choices so it's imperative to strengthen further in central midfield. If last summer was about getting the numbers in, this close season must be about signing, forgive the cliche, "quality."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm still astonished by people who use 'done' instead of 'did'. I just don't understand it, my primary school taught us that at about age 6. How do people possibly still get it wrong?

They may think it doesn't matter and it's just nit-picking, but if I ever saw that on a job application form, for example, I would instantly reject the person. It does matter, and when you read it in a football message board or wherever, it instantly makes you lower the value of the person who wrote it's opinion.

Me too, but surely doesn't apply to all jobs. Chris Hughton is one who uses the wrong tenses all the time (we felt we was unlucky....etc) - should we get rid ?

I'm in financial services, we employ the 'best' graduates. It really grinds my gears when I get documents to review that contain 'could of' instead if could have but it happens. I don't think any importance is attached to this in education any more so all us oldies are probably going to have to live with it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Me too, but surely doesn't apply to all jobs. Chris Hughton is one who uses the wrong tenses all the time (we felt we was unlucky....etc) - should we get rid ?

I'm in financial services, we employ the 'best' graduates. It really grinds my gears when I get documents to review that contain 'could of' instead if could have but it happens. I don't think any importance is attached to this in education any more so all us oldies are probably going to have to live with it.

That's a good point, and it maybe doesn't apply to all sectors. But people who get that sort of stuff wrong shoot themselves in the foot, because it makes them look stupid. I still don't understand how people get it wrong though, you learn it in primary school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here