Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best music festival attended.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well yes the Bath Festival in June 1970
Fantastic lineup - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Santana, Jefferson Airplane, Zapppa and the Mothers, Canned Heat, Johnny Winter with the great Rick Derringer in his band, Donovan, Steppenwolf, Moody Blues and the Byrds plus the under rated Its a Beautiful Day. To see those bands in one place at the time was awesome. Anyone else there?

Yep, I was! Bloody fantastic. I was so skinny back then I shared a single sleeping bag with my girl-friend (that and a polythene sheet over us when it rained - that was it, that was all we had!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Went there,.did.that
Don't remember much about Sunday
Somewhat abstractly my main memory of the Sunday was Pop Will Eat Itself.

I happened to look up as saw an apple, Cox's Orange Pippin, (I s*** you not) beautifully arching through the cloudless blue sky, towards the stage.
Following it's trajectory I watched it smash into the side of the bass players head.
I don't think he even noticed.

I was by no means down the front, it was one hell of a throw.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music 1970

So many amazing bands.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
This was my first festival (1971): T Rex, King Crimson, the Faces and many many more...
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/weeley-festival.html
http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/weeley-festival-prog.html

As a 16 year old, just after my O-levels, it was a life changing experience. 100,000-plus there, only one stage, no separate camping (we just slept in the field in front of the stage), security by Hells' Angels, completely out of control. The music was 24 hours around the clock (it started at midnight...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here