Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The older generation has completely ****ed up their education, given them **** all job prospects and made it almost impossible to get on the housing ladder. Now we're voting to deny them an easy escape route of living abroad. I wonder what the kids think of their elders?

working in europe? maybe a few silver spooned kids might,which is ironic

all the while lots of working class jobs are taken by "europeans" in britain

it's not a two way street

working class brits don't want to work in Mainland europe

plenty come the over way though

but who gives a shit,my office is nice and warm

the working class are the life blood of any economy,not some pen pushing knob waiting for his pension

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

From my experience they do, and they are. They also come here to study as its a lot cheaper than the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
in which sector?

wages are alot lower on Mainland europe

Numerous. But if we just want to start at the bottom and just concentrate on "working class" kids then there are must be thousands working the bar scenes in mainland Europe alone. And every beach holiday resort I go to in Europe has hundreds/thousands of Brit kids working. They're everywhere and more often than not working class. Going back to my point, this casual seasonal work which loads of youngsters do will be more difficult if they need visas.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Numerous. But if we just want to start at the bottom and just concentrate on "working class" kids then there are must be thousands working the bar scenes in mainland Europe alone. And every beach holiday resort I go to in Europe has hundreds/thousands of Brit kids working. They're everywhere and more often than not working class. Going back to my point, this casual seasonal work which loads of youngsters do will be more difficult if they need visas.

numerous? well name one sector

not uni kids taking a year out working in bars

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
numerous? well name one sector

not uni kids taking a year out working in bars

I just highlighted a sector, a huge sector...the service sector. It's flooded with Brits.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The campaigns have made zero difference to me - beyond boring me to tears , and enlightening me as to what a goon Boris is.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the only thing which drove the Referendum in the first place was the issue of immigration.

To get elected at the last Election the Conservatives made an Election Manisesto promise to hold a Referendum on whether to leave the EU or not.; however they have broken many of their other Election Manifesto promises, they should just have broken that one as well because they do not really have a clue what the impact will be short term or long term. Most of it is supposition.

I am voting '' In '' simply because of the way the EU has taken us in recent years. It has in terms of progressive laws on many subjects and walks of life, dragged us into ''Modernity'' . That is the reason for my vote because I think we will be all right economically in and economically out of the EU

So I was in and I am still in.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
working in europe? maybe a few silver spooned kids might,which is ironic

all the while lots of working class jobs are taken by "europeans" in britain

it's not a two way street

plenty come the over way though

but who gives a shit,my office is nice and warm

the working class are the life blood of any economy,not some pen pushing knob waiting for his pension

I might have got this wildly wrong, and apologies if I have, but do you have some sort of issue with people that aren't 'working class' (by whichever standard you use to decide who is and who isn't)?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
well I often travel the length and breadth of France and don't come across any

so where are they,apart from Spain that is?

Try the French ski resorts; plenty of young regular people working in the bars and hotels there. In fact it's a really good way for peoole with humble back ground to go skiing. If you go to places like Greece, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal you will find plenty. And to a lesser extent here in Berlin; I've met numerous Brits working in bars and clubs.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I might have got this wildly wrong, and apologies if I have, but do you have some sort of issue with people that aren't 'working class' (by whichever standard you use to decide who is and who isn't)?

Are they not salt of the earth enough?

not at all

my point is, in the main highly educated brits work in Mainland europe for Financial gain

whereas, shall we say less qualified people from europe seek work in britain

it's unbalanced and effects mainly working class people

if your not from that ilk then you probably don't give a shit

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Try the French ski resorts; plenty of young regular people working in the bars and hotels there. In fact it's a really good way for peoole with humble back ground to go skiing. If you go to places like Greece, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal you will find plenty. And to a lesser extent here in Berlin; I've met numerous Brits working in bars and clubs.

I ski every year,granted the Pyrenees and there's no brits working in the service sector

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
not at all

my point is, in the main highly educated brits work in Mainland europe for Financial gain

whereas, shall we say less qualified people from europe seek work in britain

it's unbalanced and effects mainly working class people

if your not from that ilk then you probably don't give a shit

I don't agree with this at all. All types of people live and work in Europe for myriad reasons, from a young lad in a hotel in Ibiza for shits and giggles right up to Simon Rattle for the cultural experience. I'm sure some chase the money but from my experience it is many other and varied reasons. I didn't come here for the money; in fact due to the higher taxes it costs me money to live here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Continuing the anecdotal evidence theme, I have met many, many Australians working in bars in the UK and holiday resorts in Europe perhaps if Australia left the EU this would cease to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here