Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I live in Spain and was fairly sure that IN was best for me but more importantly my children. The OUT campaign have done nothing to change my mind and in fact I have already voted by post.
The thing is I know what we have now so when Boris and Nigel tell me it will be better if we leave, well sorry, I don’t believe them. How can they possibly know?
This was always about the Tory party. Dave had to promise a referendum to get elected. Boris weighed things up and decided what was best for him would be to vote OUT knowing that he couldn’t lose. Either way Dave will be finished and Boris will be frontrunner for Tory party leadership.
Nigel is Nigel. I couldn’t vote for a Nigel to save my life!

Totally spot on.

Cameron was forced into the referendum by his own 'euroskeptics', those who half ripped the tories to bits ten years ago. The labour leaders were equally hammered for not agreeing to a referendum, and Cameron felt this damaged labour's votes. I know several lifelong Labour supporters who have flounced because of 'foreigners'. So the referendum was created hopefully to detoxify the issue once and for all, and help the tories refocus on running the country without needless distractions (Cameron's assumtion being that we would vote to remain).

It was ALWAYS going to be too soon for this vote, though, because as others have stated, the leave folk cannot possibly predict what will happen if we leave. They counter by saying the future is equally uncertain if we stay. This is the big lie. I cannot say for sure what will happen if I decide to stay living in Faversham. But I sure as hell have no bloody idea what would happen if I move somewhere else, far away.

Europe is a no win issue for anyone, whether they are innners or outers. It is a very sad situation, in my view, that 'we' have taken such a snooty attitude to a club we had to beg to join, and have failed to engage with its management properly, just antagonising everyone over the years from the day Maggie started swinging her handbag about. If Maggie saw the light she should have put it in her manifesto to take us out of Europe. Instead she grandstanded for domestic political reasons. Hateful woman - no balls!

And elements (mostly in the tory party) have been using the issue to curry votes from their right wing constituents, even to the point of inventing a 'euroskeptic' philosophy. Rediculous. The rest of Europe thinks the rosbifs are mad to do this.

Meanwhile left to their own devices he EU have gone ahead and created all the irriting structures and things without ANY wise checks and balances from our smart political operators, had they been fully engaged. EXACTLY the same as UEFA and FIFA!!!.

You almost couldn't make this up. Except if you knew anything about how the NHS has been run (down) over the last 30 years, you could. Easily.

I am still 'remain'. In Faversham (until I have good reason to not be) and Europe (ditto).

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I've lived in France for 8 years and still don't remotely feel european

the benefits not sure what they are,plenty want to deal with China,are they in europe?

europe is a dead man walking,way too many untouchable politicans

what's ahead will make the 2nd world war look like a walk in the park

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like to think I'm reasonably well read on how the EU operates and I've enjoyed it, and the various benefits, securities and opportunities it has offered us all. I do think it can improve, and I hear and understand the concerns of others BUT on balance I think the good it does wins out. My main issue, which has been touched on in this thread and in previous posts of mine, is that I don't want to deny younger generations the glorious opportunities it can offer.

I hope Remain wins, and I really hope the UK then gets fully engaged and involved with the EU.....and please join the Schengen as I ****ing hate the ball-ache of queuing at airports.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I decided my vote long ago. Both campaigns are pathetic scaremongering.

Have to agree here. The rubbish that both camps have come out with are aimed at persuading those that aren't really engaged with the issues. Boris trying to associate the EU wth Hitler the continual reference to £350m a week and Cameron with his World War III scenario. It's disappointing to see UK politicians act like this but then what do you expect when you see the way the rabble behave at PMQs!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's great to do this to a Lord Bracknell poll:

Where's the option for 'no impact at all - I've given is absolutely no thought whatsoever yet nor read nor listened to any of the debate about it?'

In the absence of that, I've gone for: Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’
Thanks, Bozza. I did think of adding further options to each of the nine I included:-

... and I want Boris to be prime minister
... and I want Gideon to be prime minister
... can't we have Theresa May, if only for her shoes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As as example, children wouldn't even go to school if they didn't have to. It's best for them if they do.

Really? I can't say I am aware of swathes of children being coerced or forced into schools every day.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As as example, children wouldn't even go to school if they didn't have to. It's best for them if they do.

The older generation has completely ****ed up their education, given them **** all job prospects and made it almost impossible to get on the housing ladder. Now we're voting to deny them an easy escape route of living abroad. I wonder what the kids think of their elders?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why are you out?

I understand that how it affects your children is more important to you than how it affects you, but are they more likely to be right? Sometimes the kids don't know what's good for them.

Maybe it has something to do with this.

Remain campaign to launch 'grab a granny' strategy

A source from the Britain Stronger In Europe campaign said: “We want to get people to ring their parents and grandparents and say, ‘I’m going to vote to stay in and I think you should too’.”

Education minister Sam Gyimah is set to front the campaign to convince those who, as he says “have got more of their life ahead of them”, to urge relatives to vote to stay in.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/u...3/remain-campaign-launch-grab-granny-strategy

Perhaps the Leave side should launch a campaign to get the older, wiser generation to explain to the youngsters the realities of life .. or better still no sides should be getting involved in internal family matters.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Frankly both sides have disgraced themselves.
Disingenuous is the polite word.
Some might be tempted to use the phrase lying *****.
Hardly unexpected given the characters involved but sad nonetheless that almost all seem incapable of a reasoned and rational debate based on truth rather than deception and downright dishonesty

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here