spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No thanks

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Very underrated player. Always looks class playing for Everton, hardly ever gives it away. No chance of him coming down here, still good enough to play in Premier and clearly on huge wage.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
why on earth not? wages aside, we should be so lucky to have such a player.

35 years old. Hasn't done much recently. Much rather the wages spent elsewhere than players seeking out retirement payment.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
35 years old. Hasn't done much recently. Much rather the wages spent elsewhere than players seeking out retirement payment.

Not going with that. Everton were far better when he was in the team. I have said before numerous Italian managers and other top managers have always picked him. The man is a complete professional and one of the best players this country has produced. England were at their best with him and Gerrard in midfield from U21 upwards.
Keyboard warriors may burn me and you know what? Couldn't give a monkeys! Always liked him cos he is from Sussex among other things but doubt he will come now. I was hoping to get him onboard if we got promotion but you know.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would be a great Plan B if Stephens left.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not done much lately?
2015/2016 Everton fans' player of the season and players' player of the season.

He'll get a contract extension.

Fair enough. Haven't followed him that much to be honest. I just get that impression because he comes from Sussex we must have him. Look how much game time Zamora missed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

35 years old, with the career he's had, he'll be minted (unless he has a serious gambling habit or something), so the money may not be that important to him. Might just fancy extending his playing career (which is a long time gone) for another year, like BZ. With him and Sidwell as back up to Kayal and Stephens, I reckon CM would be sown up tight - and he could also play as a semi-defensive wide player, a la Rosenior, if required.
Unlikely to happen, but it could be a good deal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. Haven't followed him that much to be honest. I just get that impression because he comes from Sussex we must have him. Look how much game time Zamora missed.
..... and look at the number of points his goals got us!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here