Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gareth Barry

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We need pace, more pace and goals We already have Stephens, Sidwell, etc who can shield the back four and pass.

The difference being that Barry is one of the best defensive midfielders the Premier League has ever had, and still has a lot to offer, especially in a team like ours.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Peter Shilton's record is quite phenomenal. It's also worth bearing in mind that even though he's long held the record with 125 England caps, the England goalkeeping duties often worked on a rotation system between Shilton and Ray Clemence who won a more than respectable 62 caps himself. If Clemence hadn't been around then Shilton would be the world record holder for most international appearances.

Shilton's professional career began 5 years before I was born and ended the season I quit entertaining the masses with my cameo, flair, impact substitute appearances in Lewes and Distrct Div 6.

More importantly, I snogged one of his nieces

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I always find it funny that people slag off Gareth Barry after the career he has had. He has always been the whipping boy.
I used to argue with people when he was playing for Man City and England that two Italian managers always picked him but, hey, what do the Italians know about football.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Peter Shilton's record is quite phenomenal. It's also worth bearing in mind that even though he's long held the record with 125 England caps, the England goalkeeping duties often worked on a rotation system between Shilton and Ray Clemence who won a more than respectable 62 caps himself. If Clemence hadn't been around then Shilton would be the world record holder for most international appearances.

Shilton's proudest achievement must be his 1000th football league appearance.

Whoever it was against, they must be a special club.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
According to soccerbase, 833 appearances in all competitions (inc sub).

Put your feet up son.

D

Deleted member 2719

£1.5m (we eventually settled for £1m) for a 16 year-old trainee player with no first-team experience was a record back then.

Hindsight is irrelevant.

I wonder if hindsight is always irrelevant with you though.

So I am guessing you feel the same about hindsight and what the government does???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I wonder if hindsight is always irrelevant with you though.

Do you? Oh, OK.

So I am guessing you feel the same about hindsight and what the government does???

If you're talking about now (Covid-19 etc) then we are not talking about hindsight. We are talking about foresight.

They were forewarned, and chose to do nothing.

So your guess is wrong.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
How much is there to say though. "He played 800 games and no one can remember a single one of them".

You may not remember him but I certainly do! Him and Gerrard clicked at different age groups and it was star struck Sven who dropped him. Swedish wanker!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here