bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Only crap teams have got to the final recently anyway

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Time to get rid of all replays from the 3rd round onwards and to compensate lower teams they should be at home so the higher league ranked team us away.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Uefa won't let cup winners into the Champions league. Nothing the FA can do about it, sadly.

Except they do already. The EUFA Cup winners go into the Champions League, so I don't think this issue is insurmountable. It would require a LOT of lobbying but why not give it a go? If you only offer it to countries with 3 or 4 Champions League places then I reckon Spain, Italy and Germany might be persuaded to do the same.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's such an obvious solution to lifting an ailing competition, you have to wonder why the FA haven't done this already.

It makes even more sense in a crap two team league like Scotland where the top two are nailed on every single season.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Don't know why anybody is bothered with FA cup now anyway, if we're in top 2 come January everyone will be saying lets get out of the cup to concentrate on the league let alone have any replays in 3rd 4th or 5th round
FA cup was a national treasure in 50s 60s 70s 80s but is becoming pretty irrelevant in today's football of mega bucks and teams putting priority in league positions which pays more money than being in an FA cup final

Last edited:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
UEFA haven't helped in recent seasons by insisting that cup replays can't be played on the same night as Champions League, or where that has ultimately been unavoidable, they've given permission but on the proviso that games played on that night kick off stupidly early at 7:00pm, as West Ham-Man United did this season.

It's less of an issue in the 3rd or 4th rounds because it's the mid-season break from the Champions League at that point, so it doesn't then interfere with the scheduling, but from mid-February onwards it's Champions League nights most weeks and then in the weeks where it isn't, there's usually an international week.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, obviously tradition has no place in the modern game. It wouldn't be the modern game if it did, would it?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The only tradition left is that they all get suits made for the final with a flower in the lapel, and there have been some corkers down the years.
This year we said farewell to Abide With Me and The National Anthem but gained Dizzy Rascal and Pardew auditioning for strictly.
I would like to see Tarbuck return on some white painted steps and when Stuart Hall is released maybe some cup final knockout.

D

Deleted User X18H

The only tradition left is that they all get suits made for the final with a flower in the lapel, and there have been some corkers down the years.
This year we said farewell to Abide With Me and The National Anthem but gained Dizzy Rascal and Pardew auditioning for strictly.
I would like to see Tarbuck return on some white painted steps and when Stuart Hall is released maybe some cup final knockout.

That was Brucie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here