Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations To Brighton for giving us a new word in the English language!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I must applaud the fans of Albion who have now helped to create a new term for English football to give an FL equivalent of "Hibbsying it".

WE have had GREXIT for Greece's dilemma whether to stay in the European Union.

In June we now have a decision to BREXIT ourselves.

But for the last four seasons Albion have given us AMEXIT, their increasingly desperate attempts to leave the Championship at whatever cost being ultimately undone by their total failure to win the key game on their own turf. At least Hibs got to Hampden Park 11 times, Albion can't even get to Wembley.

Task 2012/3 - a simple one-goal margin win in the second-leg - they lose 2-0.

Task 2013/4 - a win to help them face Derby away at Pride Park, they lose 2-1. And then (unlike Derby last week) give up the fight in the second leg and lose 4-1.

In 2014/5, you try to leave by trying the bottom route and get close to succeeding again.

Then glory be, in 2015/6 you not only fluff attempts to avoid Wembley by getting direct promotion, again failing to win key games at home, but then once more in front of your own fans you only manage a draw.

Congratulations. And also to Barry Bannan, a former Palace player (not a loan-boy) who effectively ended your hopes in the two legs of the play-off this season. But we won't be posting glory pix of him on the Palace site or writing "puff" stories in the Croydon papers. You saddoes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Shouldn't palace only be allowed to start new threads in 'The Other Stuff' ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I must applaud the fans of Albion who have now helped to create a new term for English football to give an FL equivalent of "Hibbsying it".

WE have had GREXIT for Greece's dilemma whether to stay in the European Union.

In June we now have a decision to BREXIT ourselves.

But for the last four seasons Albion have given us AMEXIT, their increasingly desperate attempts to leave the Championship at whatever cost being ultimately undone by their total failure to win the key game on their own turf. At least Hibs got to Hampden Park 11 times, Albion can't even get to Wembley.

Task 2012/3 - a simple one-goal margin win in the second-leg - they lose 2-0.

Task 2013/4 - a win to help them face Derby away at Pride Park, they lose 2-1. And then (unlike Derby last week) give up the fight in the second leg and lose 4-1.

In 2014/5, you try to leave by trying the bottom route and get close to succeeding again.

Then glory be, in 2015/6 you not only fluff attempts to avoid Wembley by getting direct promotion, again failing to win key games at home, but then once more in front of your own fans you only manage a draw.

Congratulations. And also to Barry Bannan, a former Palace player (not a loan-boy) who effectively ended your hopes in the two legs of the play-off this season. But we won't be posting glory pix of him on the Palace site or writing "puff" stories in the Croydon papers. You saddoes.
You took the time to write that and we're the "saddoes".

Get a life mate.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Agreed, it's been a woeful season and i've been wondering why I bother.

The sheer humiliation our squad and club has suffered this year, it's near unbearable.

Think i'll just go back to supporting Chelsea. I predict ST numbers to plummet and the infamous 6th season drop in support will occur as the paint has now finally dried.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Thankfully I was wearing my corset whilst reading such a side-splittingly amusing post ... pure comedy genius.

Do you write for Lenny Henry ?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Superbly, "Plastic" has been redefined in the Oxford dictionary, it says "See Crystal Palace".

When a club struggles to fill more than 50% of its stadium capacity, then suddenly is maxed out when the club reaches the premier league, but only fill the stadium against the big 6

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What is most bizarre about the OP posting in this vein is that he usually held it together on here and actually posted some reasonable stuff at times (if memory serves). The Cup Final loss, being 12 minutes from European football, the chance to equal our number of Charity Shield victories etc. must have finally skewed his wiring. Sad, very sad and not just a little bit tinpot.

:tantrum::lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Superbly, "Plastic" has been redefined in the Oxford dictionary, it says "See Crystal Palace".

When a club struggles to fill more than 50% of its stadium capacity, then suddenly is maxed out when the club reaches the premier league, but only fill the stadium against the big 6

from the BBS:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
We have the biggest amount of plastic supporters in the country

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This also from the BBS:

'I was pretty much surrounded by man u mostly wearing palace colours...The goal celebrations gave them away though'

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What is most bizarre about the OP posting in this vein is that he usually held it together on here and actually posted some reasonable stuff at times (if memory serves). The Cup Final loss, being 12 minutes from European football, the chance to equal our number of Charity Shield victories etc. must have finally skewed his wiring. Sad, very sad and not just a little bit tinpot.

:tantrum::lolol:

Not really, it was just watching Albion fans on here trying to retrieve something from their anti-climactic season by promoting Jesse Lingard as an Albion player (rather than a loan-boy) rather as I expect you will now do with Wilson.

Like Dunky I have served my suspension and will be leading the attack against all stupid childish comments using the offensive "P" word in relation to my team of over fifty years.

Fifty years? - that gives me an idea...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really, it was just watching Albion fans on here trying to retrieve something from their anti-climactic season by promoting Jesse Lingard as an Albion player (rather than a loan-boy) rather as I expect you will now do with Wilson.

Like Dunky I have served my suspension and will be leading the attack against all stupid childish comments using the offensive "P" word in relation to my team of over fifty years.

Fifty years? - that gives me an idea...
Can't be bothered to read the rubbish you post, but I have to ask, what on earth are you still doing on a board of a team you don't like?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Can't be bothered to read the rubbish you post, but I have to ask, what on earth are you still doing on a board of a team you don't like?

Well this is still a live issue isn't it?

Following "AMEXIT" you now have "ZAMEXIT", "GREERXIT" and "OFFYOUGO". Coupled with your attempts to lure back the "Prodigal Son"...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Following "AMEXIT" you now have "ZAMEXIT", "GREERXIT" and "OFFYOUGO". Coupled with your attempts to lure back the "Prodigal Son"...

Now you are getting really desperate. Like your dancing manager, desperate for attention.

Sad.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I don't think it counts if you're the only person spouting it. But, like most Nigels, you continue with your delusions.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Shouldn't palace only be allowed to start new threads in 'The Other Stuff' ?
No, they should only be able to start threads on their own forum.

I think is healthy to have visiting fans on to debate stuff but when when a sad person with 5K of posts on the site of a club he clearly doesn't like starts something like this, he should be banned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here