Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It certainly is improving week by week, I really enjoyed this weeks one.As has been said before Clarkson et al were wearing a bit thin, and although a few tweaks are needed I can see this regaining a lot of the audience from previous series. Evans is certainly not to everyones taste, but neither was Clarkson.
I think there are only a couple more episodes left this series, and then I guess they will review what worked and what didn't and make adjustments for the next batch. Matt Le Blanc has surpriised me by actually being quite good, although his accent does grate on me a bit, the "minor" presenters seem to be doing a good job, again growing into their roles. I am pleasantly surprised by how much I have enjoyed the last couple of episodes, and I didnt hear a single reference to the "old" crew last night.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I like it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Just watched on Iplayer.

I miss James May. He's a nerd but really likes mechanical engineering. Part of the reason the old Top Gear could sometimes work was him ridiculing Clarkson and his ineptitude.

Don't see anybody playing that role now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I would go with Matt, drop Chris Evans and bring in the German girl to replace Chris Evans.

The only issue then is who is the right person to interview guests as that is the one bit of the show where Chris Evans is OK.

And the most tedious boring bit. Lets be honest, its the bit of the show everyone leasts looks forward to imo.

BIN IT.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
New trio - Rory Reid, Le Blanc and Chris Harris.

Anyone who watched extra gear last year will know that Harris & Reid were what the programme was crying out for.

It seems they may have saved the show by making a very good decision. Evans was shite and had they gone with the above trio from the start the last series wouldn't have been such a disaster.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
New trio - Rory Reid, Le Blanc and Chris Harris.

Anyone who watched extra gear last year will know that Harris & Reid were what the programme was crying out for.

It seems they may have saved the show by making a very good decision. Evans was shite and had they gone with the above trio from the start the last series wouldn't have been such a disaster.

I think you could be right, just so long as they are allowed to be themselves. Rory Reid (boy next door), Le Blanc (a bit of stardust) and Chris Harris (informed petrolhead).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have they dropped Sabine and Eddie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think you could be right, just so long as they are allowed to be themselves. Rory Reid (boy next door), Le Blanc (a bit of stardust) and Chris Harris (informed petrolhead).

With Chris Harris they could also dump the outdated joke that is the stig. He's an excellent racing driver in his own right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Top Gear is a complete write-off and is of scrap-value only now.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Clarkson vehicle on Amazon needs crushing and tipping into the nearest landfill. It's MOT expired long ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Clarkson vehicle on Amazon needs crushing and tipping into the nearest landfill. It's MOT expired long ago.

Have you seen it? If you liked the 'old' TG then the new one is just a carry on from that - just not on the BBC and in a tent rather than a warehouse. If you didnt like the old one, then you wont' like the new one. Watched all 13 episodes on Prime and love it. Series ended now and can't wait for new one. Best bit of irrelivant and light hearted TV there is IMO. Beats all the cr@p thrown at us on Reality TV - 'Shine' (aka Sh!te), Z Factor, The Voice etc etc etc... and all the heavy drama around (quite liking Taboo though).

Hated the new TG format - mainly due to Evans shouting, but totally willing to give the new blokes a go and if they carve out their own path rather than try and impossible task of copying the banter and character of the 3 stooges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here