Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR FFP may go to 3rd party decision.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-hope-call-third-men-11380889

'QPR believe an independent commission will decide whether they face a swingeing £50 million fine from the Football League over alleged breaches of the Financial Fair Play System.'

Hopefully this will come to a decision where the club will be heavily fined for overspending.
If this was Brighton , I am dead sure there would be allsorts crawling from out of the proverbial, to watch us hung out to dry.
Not wanting to see any club put to the sword, but somebody has to take the blame.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sadly a slapped wrist will be all they get the FA have no balls no pun intended

It's the Football League. QPR signed up to something they agreed with. An agreement they were part of deciding the rules.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know why they can't just deduct points for FFP busters.

Points deductions held over and stored until a promoted team rejoins the league.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Points deductions held over and stored until a promoted team rejoins the league.

This. How many points were Luton deducted for financial feebleness (rather than cheating) some years ago. Thirty, wasn't it? That would do. See them fighting the drop rather than (quite possibly) getting in the playoffs next season.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The credibility of FFP is at stake in this, the first real test case that will have impact. If the decision goes against the FL then they might as well ditch FFP and move on.

I have nothing against QPR but would mention that just like with Portsmouth - Harry Rednapp is now nowhere to be seen!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If the penalty is weak every wealthy owner will have a massive re-evaluation of how much risk they take with 'investments'.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I honestly can't see any club stumping up the fines that are being quoted. It would be a lot easier to impose points deductions, starting at a minimum of 30 points and then increasing depending on the over spend. What if QPR to accept the fine and then go into administration? Would they be then able to forfeit a chunk of the fine and take the 12 point ( automatic admin penalty ) instead? A large points deduction would be better obtainable than the fantasy of paying £50 million fines.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Shame there's nothing in the article that suggests that QPR will pay up if the decision goes against them. Just another delaying tactic as far as I can see, given Fernandes' "defence" in the article.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

This. How many points were Luton deducted for financial feebleness (rather than cheating) some years ago. Thirty, wasn't it? That would do. See them fighting the drop rather than (quite possibly) getting in the playoffs next season.

This.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I honestly can't see any club stumping up the fines that are being quoted. It would be a lot easier to impose points deductions, starting at a minimum of 30 points and then increasing depending on the over spend. What if QPR to accept the fine and then go into administration? Would they be then able to forfeit a chunk of the fine and take the 12 point ( automatic admin penalty ) instead? A large points deduction would be better obtainable than the fantasy of paying £50 million fines.

If they don't pay the fine kick them out of the league. They incurred the fine by losing £57m to get promoted so clearly can afford it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

If that were so, I know for a fact that if they had to sell their Loftus Rd ground (like the Goldstone was), for financial reasons, the property developers would jump in straight away.
The old BBC TV centre is an example of this, the whole area is changing.
Money talks I am afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If they don't pay the fine kick them out of the league. They incurred the fine by losing £57m to get promoted so clearly can afford it.

Or why not do to them what was done to their Jock truncated-namesakes (and make them play in the Scottish 4th division)? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shame there's nothing in the article that suggests that QPR will pay up if the decision goes against them.
No point in doing it if there's no obligation on both sides. Are the FL employing unqualified lawyers? I could do a better job.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Biased poll no option for they should be fined the full amount.
So the defence is basically we were paying PL wages and didn't have the sense to have relegation pay cuts in the players contracts.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Give them a choice, pay some and 1 point deduction per million owed for the rest, they can choose how much to pay/ how many points to lose..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here