Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alf Garnett is back now on BBC1

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You have cherry picked two extreme cases.

The largest rings of worldwide paedophiles are actually predominantly white. A large amount of my friends work in Social Services and in particular the Probation Service and their largest allocation of clients on their register for sex related crimes are actually white. To be honest, I am not really on about black or white because that doesn't matter. I don't even see colour when I address an individual siting opposite me.

My point is that we need immigration and the majority of them are an asset to the UK - Or their families will be once we invest in educating them in the same way we do for our own born UK children.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
And they are absolutely correct. Like them, I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK. A certain amount of immigration is fine, but the thousands upon thousands that have poured into this country from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Africa really is too much ... and now we have the Eastern Europeans. They are changing the face of our cities and boroughs and not for the better. The East End of London should still be the home of " 'ello me darlin' " cockneys having a knees up down the local boozer, with a pub, not a mosque, on every corner.

I wonder how our friends fron the Indian sub-continent would like it if thousands and thousands of Brits invaded their countries turning some of their cities into British enclaves? Not very much I would wager.

Sorry which version of the East End is this ? The pub on every corner or the synagogue ? http://www.bbc.co.uk/legacies/immig_emig/england/london/article_2.shtml
Large numbers of immigrants were able to move to the area, as large numbers of the "locals" had chosen to move out.

Wasn't there a period of the British Empire when people from the Indian Sub-Continent got to experience the very British enclaves you have described ?

D

Deleted member 22389

20 years living in Turnpike Lane in North London the largest Turkish/Albanian/Cypriot/Eritrean - I was a minority group there - Does that cut it ? I have moved now but loved living in that area. You grab the benefits of it and take advantage of the best Turkish restaurants in Europe

Fair enough, you have a much more positive view of things than I do. I think what has annoyed me most about these types of debates, we are told one thing by our media, people are called names, and yet I was seeing the opposite. One example of this for me, was seeing more and more women adopting the Burqa where I was living. Personally I didn't like seeing it, made me feel uncomfortable, it said to me that the religion was heading to a more conservative, hard line view of things, and to me that is not good for anyone. It certainly doesn't promote integration for me. Put it this way, by the time I left Luton, I was living in a much bigger religious zone to when I first arrived.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The 1960s was similar to now in terms of immigration. The difference being the UK drastically needed immigration and it actively went out of it's way to recruit back then from the British Colonies.

The British people were prejudice then. They are prejudice now for different reasons but we need immigration now just as much as we needed it then. The only difference is we don't need to actively recruit it.

Look at your hospitals now. How many doctors are non British origin. Indian especially. It is not always first generation immigrants we see the benefits of. It is 2nd or 3rd generation we see the best benefits of. Our schools are filled with under achieving white British Nationals and full of over achieving 2nd generation immigrant children.

Its time that instead of telling our children that imigrants are taking our jobs that we tell them that it is time that we started competing for them.

We should embrace immigration since it is a good thing and use it to inspire ourselves to achieve more in life ourselves. Perfect example is our manager. He is a 2nd generation immigrant on that note I rest my argument.

Hear Hear !!!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
20 years living in Turnpike Lane in North London the largest Turkish/Albanian/Cypriot/Eritrean - I was a minority group there - Does that cut it ? I have moved now but loved living in that area. You grab the benefits of it and take advantage of the best Turkish restaurants in Europe
No it f***ing doesnt, youre scottish and CHOSE to go and live there, when the area which YOU grew up in and regard as ''home'' changes beyond all recognition and you cant afford to or have no means of leaving then i'll listen , otherwise your views carry no real weight at all.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good mates of mine (white English) lived in Luton and raised their kids there. They moved due to work and now live in Chippenham. They only have positive things to say about Luton and this is the thing. I can't deny that the impact of immigration is far greater in London and Luton than Sussex in general and Shoreham in particular, but when I get challenged how many immigrants live in my area, I genuinely have no idea, I don't feel the need to classify people in that sense, don't feel threatened by different cultures and don't feel threatened by change.

Poitics and economics have a major impact on the world around us, but things don't improve for people on an individual level, if they are waiting around for it to stop being someone else's fault.
very f****ng few or you'd notice.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The 1960s was similar to now in terms of immigration. The difference being the UK drastically needed immigration and it actively went out of it's way to recruit back then from the British Colonies.

The British people were prejudice then. They are prejudice now for different reasons but we need immigration now just as much as we needed it then. The only difference is we don't need to actively recruit it.

Look at your hospitals now. How many doctors are non British origin. Indian especially. It is not always first generation immigrants we see the benefits of. It is 2nd or 3rd generation we see the best benefits of. Our schools are filled with under achieving white British Nationals and full of over achieving 2nd generation immigrant children.

Its time that instead of telling our children that imigrants are taking our jobs that we tell them that it is time that we started competing for them.

We should embrace immigration since it is a good thing and use it to inspire ourselves to achieve more in life ourselves. Perfect example is our manager. He is a 2nd generation immigrant on that note I rest my argument.
no we dont , we ''need'' to train our own people instead of taking them from other countries, you'd think we didnt have doctors and nurses here before commonwealth immigration the way you go on.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You have cherry picked two extreme cases.

The largest rings of worldwide paedophiles are actually predominantly white. A large amount of my friends work in Social Services and in particular the Probation Service and their largest allocation of clients on their register for sex related crimes are actually white. To be honest, I am not really on about black or white because that doesn't matter. I don't even see colour when I address an individual siting opposite me.

My point is that we need immigration and the majority of them are an asset to the UK - Or their families will be once we invest in educating them in the same way we do for our own born UK children.

so one culture/race/religion specificity targeting women and young girls of other races/religions/cultures isn't an issue for you? Not a problem? Not worth mentioning in your vague "my friends friend knows" type analogy free of data?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no we dont , we ''need'' to train our own people instead of taking them from other countries, you'd think we didnt have doctors and nurses here before commonwealth immigration the way you go on.

Herein lies a problem. Successive governments have failed to invest in medical schools in the UK. The cost of such establishments is high, infrastructure wise and in terms of finding people willing and able to deliver courses. The supply of people wanting to be medics is not an issue, places are vastly oversubscribed.

It takes a minimum of five years to train a doctor, tuition fees only cover a fraction of that training cost. Medicine is effectively subsidised by other degree subjects, especially those in humanities, and which are easy to churn out and make a good return.

We therefore have university vice chancellors, on an average of £300k a year, looking at the bottom line instead of the big picture, and churning out lots of graduates in those subjects that bring money into university coffers, rather than making a positive impact on the wellbeing of society as a whole through investing in medical schools.

Successive chancellors in central government, both Brown and Osborne, are happy to buy into this grand deceit, as they are more concerned about the public sector deficit than meeting the needs of an older, fatter, sicker, populace.

As a consequence the NHS takes the cheap option, and buys in doctors and nurses whose training has been paid for by the taxpayers of other countries. However we are now in danger of seeing the reverse, as the crass mismanagement of Jeremy Hunt is now resulting in locally trained medics looking at overseas opportunities in the likes of Australia and Canada.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Herein lies a problem. Successive governments have failed to invest in medical schools in the UK. The cost of such establishments is high, infrastructure wise and in terms of finding people willing and able to deliver courses. The supply of people wanting to be medics is not an issue, places are vastly oversubscribed.

It takes a minimum of five years to train a doctor, tuition fees only cover a fraction of that training cost. Medicine is effectively subsidised by other degree subjects, especially those in humanities, and which are easy to churn out and make a good return.

We therefore have university vice chancellors, on an average of £300k a year, looking at the bottom line instead of the big picture, and churning out lots of graduates in those subjects that bring money into university coffers, rather than making a positive impact on the wellbeing of society as a whole through investing in medical schools.

Successive chancellors in central government, both Brown and Osborne, are happy to buy into this grand deceit, as they are more concerned about the public sector deficit than meeting the needs of an older, fatter, sicker, populace.

As a consequence the NHS takes the cheap option, and buys in doctors and nurses whose training has been paid for by the taxpayers of other countries. However we are now in danger of seeing the reverse, as the crass mismanagement of Jeremy Hunt is now resulting in locally trained medics looking at overseas opportunities in the likes of Australia and Canada.
spot on el pres , its a disgrace what has been allowed to happen, there should be no tuition fees for training doctors , its that simple , no tution fees as long as a specified amount of time is worked in the NHS , simple.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
spot on el pres , its a disgrace what has been allowed to happen, there should be no tuition fees for training doctors , its that simple , no tution fees as long as a specified amount of time is worked in the NHS , simple.

TBH tuition fees aren't a problem, most applicants for med school are from middle class backgrounds and can afford the £9,000 a year. WIth the average GP earning £100k a year plus they get their money's worth from the investment in fees.

It's the clowns in government, who have been told time and time again about the increasing need for medics and therefore the need to build new training facilities who are the real culprits. They can't see beyond the 4-5 year time horizon in which they are in power, but to build a half a dozen new med schools and then train the docs would take at least twice that amount of time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
44 different languages spoken in 1 school. 3 white British kids in a class of immigrants . In the capital of England. That's not multi culturalism. That's a government sanctioned invasion. We will look back on the days we had a chance to do something about this and chose not to with despair.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on! Of course we don't NEED doctors, nurses or anyone else from foreign countries do do jobs in the UK. We have plenty of people here in the UK we can train to do these jobs. Always worked out OK before we had mass immigration.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
An interesting glimpse into one of the consequences of mass immigration from the BBC .

[yt]HLzbsTTkv9U[/YT]

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No it f***ing doesnt, youre scottish and CHOSE to go and live there, when the area which YOU grew up in and regard as ''home'' changes beyond all recognition and you cant afford to or have no means of leaving then i'll listen , otherwise your views carry no real weight at all.

Typical.............no ones views which differ from your own count.

I chose such an area because I like and embrace the diversity of people. Your statement about not having the means or cant afford to leave then we just have to disagree on because everyone can leave if they want. Look at the Irish, the poles the Scottish - They migrate and they for the most part work wherever they go. Saying you cant is a way of blaming others for the situation you are in. People need to take responsibility for yourselves and do something to better your own situation by your own hard graft

I have a brother who has been on benefits most of his life. That's laziness and he could have solved his hardship problems by working for a living. I grew up in the same area, had the same schooling and same upbringing and the same limited opportunities. We each made choices. I don't claim to be better than him but I did and do have a better work ethic and that has bought it's rewards.

We have to take responsibility for ourselves in life and I don't include the affirmed in that because some things are totally outwith some peoples control but the able bodied going to work is not. I don't expect to win an argument with you and I am not even going to try but our lives are our own and our paths in life are for the most part are our own to control . There are exceptions I grant you and concede.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

You've completely missed the point of the show which was not about immigration per se but about immigration concentrated in a specific area of a city and the effect that has had on the indigenous population.

The programme featured not just white people but also a mixed race guy married to a Romanian woman and a guy of Bangladeshi origin lamenting most of the changes they've witnessed. The programme highlighted the fact that most of the immigrants were Muslim who don't drink alcohol, hence the closure of many of the East End pubs and the effect on local society that has had.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
An interesting glimpse into one of the consequences of mass immigration from the BBC .

[yt]HLzbsTTkv9U[/YT]

Sweden is destroyed by 3rd world immigration.

sweden-elementary-school-class.jpg

sweden-rape-capital.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3608255/Swedish-police-blame-migrant-sex-attacks-Nordic-alcohol-culture-European-women-s-non-traditional-gender-roles-new-report.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here