Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alf Garnett is back now on BBC1

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Must be odd when you have always played a character much older than yourself. Warren must have only been in his twenties when he started playing a 50-60 yo, or at least that’s what he looked like from a child’s perspective.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I can't hear Alf Garnett's name without thinking of this

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Typical.............no ones views which differ from your own count.

I chose such an area because I like and embrace the diversity of people. Your statement about not having the means or cant afford to leave then we just have to disagree on because everyone can leave if they want. Look at the Irish, the poles the Scottish - They migrate and they for the most part work wherever they go. Saying you cant is a way of blaming others for the situation you are in. People need to take responsibility for yourselves and do something to better your own situation by your own hard graft

I have a brother who has been on benefits most of his life. That's laziness and he could have solved his hardship problems by working for a living. I grew up in the same area, had the same schooling and same upbringing and the same limited opportunities. We each made choices. I don't claim to be better than him but I did and do have a better work ethic and that has bought it's rewards.

We have to take responsibility for ourselves in life and I don't include the affirmed in that because some things are totally outwith some peoples control but the able bodied going to work is not. I don't expect to win an argument with you and I am not even going to try but our lives are our own and our paths in life are for the most part are our own to control . There are exceptions I grant you and concede.
No, what's typical is the breathtaking f***ing arrogance of people like you who quite happily swan in and out of areas telling people whats good for them and expounding the joys of multiculturalism before swanning off somewhere else as you have , in essence people like you are far too happy to give away whats not yours to give.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No, what's typical is the breathtaking f***ing arrogance of people like you who quite happily swan in and out of areas telling people whats good for them and expounding the joys of multiculturalism before swanning off somewhere else as you have , in essence people like you are far too happy to give away whats not yours to give.

Expressing an opinion on a football forum is hardly offering up anything belonging to anyone and my posts are far more courteous and less personally offensive. I have no idea what you do in a work capacity but I would hedge a bet that not every penny you have earned in your life to date has been generated in the town or city you were born in, hence you have possibly migrated for work in some capacity.

Yes you are correct I have enjoyed freedom of movement but that's because I have the right to choose the air that I breath.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The 1960s was similar to now in terms of immigration. The difference being the UK drastically needed immigration and it actively went out of it's way to recruit back then from the British Colonies.

The British people were prejudice then. They are prejudice now for different reasons but we need immigration now just as much as we needed it then. The only difference is we don't need to actively recruit it.

Look at your hospitals now. How many doctors are non British origin. Indian especially. It is not always first generation immigrants we see the benefits of. It is 2nd or 3rd generation we see the best benefits of. Our schools are filled with under achieving white British Nationals and full of over achieving 2nd generation immigrant children.

Its time that instead of telling our children that imigrants are taking our jobs that we tell them that it is time that we started competing for them.

We should embrace immigration since it is a good thing and use it to inspire ourselves to achieve more in life ourselves. Perfect example is our manager. He is a 2nd generation immigrant on that note I rest my argument.
With wonderful examples like this ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36362957?SThisFB

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Expressing an opinion on a football forum is hardly offering up anything belonging to anyone and my posts are far more courteous and less personally offensive. I have no idea what you do in a work capacity but I would hedge a bet that not every penny you have earned in your life to date has been generated in the town or city you were born in, hence you have possibly migrated for work in some capacity.

Yes you are correct I have enjoyed freedom of movement but that's because I have the right to choose the air that I breath.

He lives in Haywards Heath :mad::lolol::lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Exactly , and the reason I do says it all, hence my comments about the place where he grew up being relevant, or are you too stupid to realise I didnt grow up in Haywards Heath?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exactly , and the reason I do says it all, hence my comments about the place where he grew up being relevant, or are you too stupid to realise I didnt grow up in Haywards Heath?

Just giving him some context .

You swanned off somewhere else from where you continue to criticise anyone else doing the same. That is your choice of course (exactly what he is saying) but even you must see the hypocrisy in criticising others for doing what you have done.

On consideration I doubt you will see it. It has been pointed out enough times and you still miss the point.

Back to your inane angry rants in behalf of the white indigenous folk of London Town (who you buggered off and left at the first opportunity).

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just giving him some context .

You swanned off somewhere else from where you continue to criticise anyone else doing the same. That is your choice of course (exactly what he is saying) but even you must see the hypocrisy in criticising others for doing what you have done.

On consideration I doubt you will see it. It has been pointed out enough times and you still miss the point.

Back to your inane angry rants in behalf of the white indigenous folk of London Town (who you buggered off and left at the first opportunity).
yes i ''swanned off'' somewhere else within my OWN COUNTRY , and ive not had any effect whatsoever on the way of life of the place where i moved to , perhaps you shouldve watched the programme , you'd realise that the vast majority of the white indigenous ''folk'' feel the same way.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Not surprised the Alf Garnett tag was used instead of looking at the concerns of folk on the programme nothing like Alf.
Did you watch the programme or just jumping on the comments of others?
Post 38 sums it up pretty well if you did not see the programme.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
yes i ''swanned off'' somewhere else within my OWN COUNTRY , and ive not had any effect whatsoever on the way of life of the place where i moved to , perhaps you shouldve watched the programme , you'd realise that the vast majority of the white indigenous ''folk'' feel the same way.

So did NooBHA, which is what you are criticizing him for :facepalm::facepalm:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not surprised the Alf Garnett tag was used instead of looking at the concerns of folk on the programme nothing like Alf.
Did you watch the programme or just jumping on the comments of others?
Post 38 sums it up pretty well if you did not see the programme.

Just pointing out a few inconsistencies in peoples arguments SM.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So did NooBHA, which is what you are criticizing him for :facepalm::facepalm:
Yes , but i haven ''swanned off '' to an area which has been changed beyond all recognition , and told the locals what a great thing it is you clown .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The programme is a fallacy, because it uses East Ham in Newham as it's location, when the East End (Cockneys, Bow Bells etc) is the Bethnal Green/Whitechapel area - WHICH HAS A LONGSTANDING MULTICULTURAL TRADITION. eg Jewish see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

Newham was formed in 1965 - most of it used to be in Essex in the first place.

PG

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The programme is a fallacy, because it uses East Ham in Newham as it's location, when the East End (Cockneys, Bow Bells etc) is the Bethnal Green/Whitechapel area - WHICH HAS A LONGSTANDING MULTICULTURAL TRADITION. eg Jewish see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cable_Street

Newham was formed in 1965 - most of it used to be in Essex in the first place.

PG
The only thing thats a fallacy about the programme is the use of the phrase east end , the part of Newham that the programme focuses on I.E Canning Town/Silvertown/Plaistow is and has been for a couple of centuries London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here