Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixeira

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
4-2-3-1.

Murray up top, Teixeira in the hole with Skalak and Knockaert either side, Kayal and Stephens holding.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Would be a decent number 10, got a feeling Towell will fill that role next season though.
I'd rather see him brought on, looked pretty decent from what I've seen

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
no thanks - weak & no pace

did a job in a poor season - not good for us now

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Not for me - as skillful as he is I found him too greedy. I actually felt he was a contributing factor to us not scoring enough goals in that poor season we had because he didn't release the ball to others when they were often in better positions and more often than not there was not end product. He wouldn't fit into our team and we have a better player in Knocky.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
no thanks - weak & no pace

did a job in a poor season - not good for us now

I'd be interested to know why certain clubs were pursuing him then, if he is not good enough for a championship side?

The lad's about to join Fiorentina and he's not good enough for you? :shrug:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd be interested to know why certain clubs were pursuing him then, if he is not good enough for a championship side?

The lad's about to join Fiorentina and he's not good enough for you? :shrug:

He didn't half lose the ball a lot.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not for me - as skillful as he is I found him too greedy. I actually felt he was a contributing factor to us not scoring enough goals in that poor season we had because he didn't release the ball to others when they were often in better positions and more often than not there was not end product. He wouldn't fit into our team and we have a better player in Knocky.

Is this the player that averaged more key passes per game than anyone else within out side throughout the season?

I don't think anyone doubts Knockaert is a better player, but they're different players and play in different positions. We don't currently have a number 10 in our squad to give us that flexibility... That's what this discussion is about.

Plus the kid was in his first full season as a pro... Understandly he made mistakes.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is this the player that averaged more key passes per game than anyone else within out side throughout the season?

We were shit that season, I made more key passes from my seat in the west upper than a lot of the squad.

I don't think anyone doubts Knockaert is a better player, but they're different players and play in different positions. We don't currently have a number 10 in our squad to give us that flexibility... That's what this discussion is about.

Plus the kid was in his first full season as a pro... Understandly he made mistakes.

He did very well for his first season playing regular football, all young players make mistakes, it's part of the learning process. I think there is a place for him in our squad, he offers something different and others have mentioned would sit nicely in a 4-4-1-1 formation. He'd be a better player with the likes of Stephens and Kayal sat behind him, rather than Gary Gardner and Danny Holla.

W1B seagull

May 21, 2016
Personally I think he did well for us in a poor side, which is why we should go for him if hes getting more of the ball he can create more and score more.

I also think Victor Anichebe is worth a look at as hes just been released by wba, big unit and would score goals at this level

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He could play in front of the midfield if we play with one striker. A 4-4-1-1. But, he'd have to be happy spending time on the bench and rotating. Given contracts that are up in a year or so, I'd see him being a worthwhile recruit. We know he cares and puts a shift in.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A yes from me. A very talented player, who would be a great option as the first '1' in a 4411...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Quality player.

A definite YES

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here