Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you are Chris Hughton, Tony Bloom gives you 15m to spend on 2 new strikers.......

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone else heard the rumours that we have people willing to invest into the club sniffing around?

They'd have to be very rich indeed to add much to uncle Tony's wealth. The question is whether TB wants to ignore FFP and break our wage structure apart. Both of which I understand would be well within his capacity but might offend his business sense.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Apart from the release clause of 20 million euro!

20m euro was if they got promoted, but they finished 9th and due to that the release clause is now £10m euro with a 0.7m euro salary. If he does good in the euro's with Romania then he's definitely going to have suitors.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Nugent is an intelligent player and seems to be a team player and come off the bench.

With all the strikers though it is a case of wages and we need to look overseas for somebody keen to come for £10k a week. You win some (Hemed) and lose some (Emu). Perhaps buy two and hopefully one will come off.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can't see Nugent getting in at Boro, I thought he was outstanding against us.

Then someone quick and a natural goal scorer to play along side Hemed or Nugent, if he could get fit Danny Ings on a season loan from Liverpool.

Nugent is a good call. I thought he was mid-30s, but he's only 30/31. Scored goals throughout his career.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Assombolonga and Vokes, certainly won't be in the Burnley first team when they splash out on some attacking power to try and stay in the prem. I know he didn't do much on loan here a few years ago but is now a proven goalscorer at this level.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
20m euro was if they got promoted, but they finished 9th and due to that the release clause is now £10m euro with a 0.7m euro salary. If he does good in the euro's with Romania then he's definitely going to have suitors.

I havent heard anything about the reduction in the release clause, im not saying your wrong, just that i havent heard it.
Yes the Euros could be a big stage for him, but he has only broken into the Romanian national team this season, 5 appearances and 1 goal, this tournament may have come too soon for him, although he was certainly prolific for Cordoba this season, Liga Adelante is the highest level he has played at so far. I think he will be a very good player and now may be the time to move for him, but he is still young and even at 10 million euros that is still a big gamble, David Rodrigues has been prolific at that level since leaving us, when we signed him he was far more experienced, didnt work out for him though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murray and Vydra for 6 million the pair it's a no brainer ;-)

I do like Assombalonga and kodija though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here