Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you are Chris Hughton, Tony Bloom gives you 15m to spend on 2 new strikers.......

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are also going going to need a backup centre back, right back and centre midfield plus two up front

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyone else heard the rumours that we have people willing to invest into the club sniffing around?
It's not really relevant. People keep posting notes through letterboxes saying there are buyers after our houses, doesn't mean we have to sell.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I don't know, I'm not qualified and I wouldn't want a 'name' as many people are stating, maybe Ulloa being the only one.

I'd rather a bit of an unknown with passion and desire. Character is as much of importance!

Murray and Barnes are a no, Murray comes with baggage, divides opinion... Not really where we sit right now after a great season Imo.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
To replace Bobby I would get Lambert in. For the other striker I think Spain appears to be a good breeding ground, so someone like Nolito could be worth a go. In his last year at Celta Vigo and a proper no 10 although he'll be 30 this year, he has the quality to score plenty of goals in this league.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Murray and Vydra and £15m would pay transfer fee and wages for 2 or 3 years to get us to the premier rather than a lump like McCormack. The alternative is to keep the cash and see what Eastern Europeans shine in the Euros.

Ah. 5'7, 21 league goal scoring "lump" Ross McCormack. I do agree that we shouldn't spend major cash on him as he's almost 30 now, however I don't see how anyone can deny he's a great player at this level, nor why anyone would want us to sign Vydra after his massively disappointing season with Reading. Murray is past it now too, couldn't get on the bench for Bournemouth this season. For £15m, we should be aiming much, much higher.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
He's the reason I won the champions league, ends up being a glorious forward.

Of course, using the wonderful logic of FM, I'd put some money aside for a couple of Belarusian 16 year olds as well.

Ahh FM.. Elvis was playing inside forward on the right for me in my first year as champions and the first year of the premiership and he slayed it! Harold Preciado was a decent cheap buy from BOCA, but he was no Calleri, who was top scorer in the championship for me and then done a runner to Dortmund. Didn't even leave me a note goodbye. Never forgive, never forget.

djdixon44

Apr 16, 2016
Skipped to the last page so don't know if any of the following has been mentioned but unlike previous seasons when we've scouted abroad and purchased some foreign imports, for every Ulloa we've had a Colunga. What I'll like to see is Hughton invest in a young English striker or perhaps someone with experience of English football. Brentford initially signed Andre Gray from Luton Town and now look at him.

I've got a mutual friend with Matty Taylor from Bristol Rovers, the top scorer in league 2 last year. Would it hurt to take a risk with him? I've been told that Leeds have been sniffing around him so he is attracting other championship options. Also, Will Grigg proves how consistent he can be and could perhaps be that elusive 20+ striker we've been searching for - and let's face it, we'll love to have the "Will Grigg's on fire" chant at the Amex which is going viral.

Other options like Assombalonga would be good as would McCormack. You can't ignore that in the past three seasons combined Ross McCormack is the top scorer at championship level but I think only Villa or Newcastle with their parachute payments could afford his hefty transfer fee and wages. Assombalonga has just recovered from a serious injury so it depends how he gets on over the summer with his recovery.

I think our best bet would be a loan option again. Hemed is a great target man option but we need someone quick and clinical to play off him if we continue with 4-4-2. Baldock just doesn't cut it for me and although Wilson showed promise at first, he quickly faded with odd moments of brilliance but very inconsistent.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Durlston;7441151[B said:
]Lee Gregory [/B]and Gary Hooper (if Wendy don't go up). I've won quite a bit of money on them this season for first goalscorer.

Ask any Millwall fan.........He is no Neil Harris. Misses more than he scores

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Controversial but I would sell Stephens to Burnley for £7m plus add ons then go and smash our transfer record and buy Judge from Brentford plus two unknown European strikers

Watch a re-run of the first leg against Sheff Wed before the injuries set in. Kayal was lost without Stephens alongside him. I was never Stephens biggest fan till he wasn't there. £7million he is not worth that but by the same token, it would take a lot of money to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here