Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Three MUST Away Trips Next Season

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
No new grounds for me to see the Albion on this season.
Newcastle will be interesting as it has changed so much since we were last there on that open end. Mark Gaul, nearly quarter of a century ago, scored to take us above Keegan's boys - but it wasn't to last!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
You can get 1600 on the terrace so depending on when in the season it is, you might be able to get a ticket.

Brilliant, would love to be on the terraces again! Haven't since Peterborough in 2012. What a golden day that was.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Burton if a Saturday as I'd fancy a weekend in the Peak District...Norwich as I want to find the fan who told me CH would be useless for us...and Villa

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Villa, Burton, Norwich. All new grounds for me apart from possibly Villa and Norwich .. too many alcohol fuelled away days. :shrug:

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Not sure why anyone would want to go to Newcastle as they put the away fans about three miles away from the pitch, never been there myself but don't fancy that.

Villa is a fantastic ground. Not been there for years but it used to be quite easy to park there.

Spot on about Newcastle. The city is great....loads of pubs, lovely train station & the sight of thousands of them all walking up to the ground with nearly all of them in black & white stripes is impressive, making it well worth a stopover........but the match experience ( I know ) for away fans is awful, with you being so high up that the view is hopeless & you miss any atmosphere from the ground .

Villa is even worse for away fans. The area is grim, all the pubs are home only, except one that tries to charge you to go in & the seats are poor with only a tiny concourse type area

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle would be the only possible uncharted one for me from the teams relegated/ promoted/ possibly promoted. So that's a definite.

Only done Norwich once and it absolutely hammered it down, plus our train was late, which severely hampered pub time. I'd like to do that again at a bit more of a leisurely pace. Burton the other season in the cup was great fun, I'd happily go back, as I would Villa. I'd really like Bristol City to be on a Saturday for once, as that's another excellent away day, as can Cardiff be if Sky don't make it a 1230 kick off and the rain doesn't come down horizontally as per this season.

Elsewhere, Fulham is always an unmissable highlight, and of my visits to Leeds (all midweek, my record reads 3 wins, one draw, no losses, so let's get on that particular bus again).

If Barnsley come up, I'd probably give that the swerve, Wigan rarely appeals despite the proliferation of good local pubs, and Millwall is never exactly a joy, despite being so close.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Villa , Burton and Sheffield weds

Hmmm although Hillsborough is a dream to get to by public transport, I'm surprised at your eagerness to go, bearing in mind we have never won there!

Surprised too not many peeps have mentioned Notts Forest. Great for a day out, and all the pubs lining the Trent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here