Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 22,000 season tickets sold already for 2016/17

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm not moving back to England but am contemplating an ST. It means one trip per month over the entire season to see a couple of games each time. I live in Canada, should I do it?

no way

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not moving back to England but am contemplating an ST. It means one trip per month over the entire season to see a couple of games each time. I live in Canada, should I do it?

I am assuming from this that you are either (a) richer than Montgomery Burns, or (b) planning to make the trips on company expenses.

Either way, the answer is "yes".

Hope this helps.

Other thing that interested me on this thread is the poster who said he parks at Brighton station. The car parks at the station are amongst the cheapest in Brighton (unlike the £24-for-over-four-hours one in Church Street, say), so, for the sake of four quid or so, I'd be interested to know if that works out quicker than queuing for the P&R on occasion.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Last season was the first season at the Amex I didn't buy a season ticket.

I missed 3 home games in total sat with various friends in different areas - WSL, WSU, 1901, N, S, EL. and had a marvellous time!

A season ticket is so restrictive, same seats, same faces and same view.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Really toying with the idea of Season Tickets for me and my son.

It would cost a small fortune travelling down from reading every other week and there will be the whole midweek moves that would scupper things BUT I get a bonus on Friday which ends up about £1,000 after tax and I could put that toward our season tickets and then into savings for petrol!

Very, VERY tempting. yet I believe the wife has plans for said bonus

You can get a bus through Seagull travel that starts near Woking. My son gets on at Worplesdon. You could book for a whole season or per game basis.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
3. The whole 'there are thousands who have tickets and never turn up' suggestion is complete bollocks anyway. We have 20k+ STH. Every game SOME don't show - sometimes as many as a couple of thousand. It's only morons who think it's the SAME people who are missing every time. Think about it - 2000 missing of 22,000 means that effectively each STH is missing TWO matches per season. Really not in the slightest bit out of the ordinary.

Absolutely. I've had a season ticket every year at the Amex but there's not been a single season where I've attended every game. thanks to holidays, work or childcare, I've always missed at least one game (last year it was the Sheff Weds one - a good one to miss). There must be 100s of people in the same boat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. None. Zero. Not a single person spends £400 plus on a little piece of plastic, just because it is 'fun' to keep in their wallet. Some can't make every game, granted - that's a shame - I'm sure they'd rather be at all of them.

Good point.

One which a few serial dullards can't grasp though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You've got to be a mad man! Kelowna is over on the far reaches of Western Canada, that has to be a 12 hour+ flight?

I missed 3 home games in total sat with various friends in different areas - WSL, WSU, 1901, N, S, EL. and had a marvellous time!

Which is exactly why I have a season ticket.

Same seats, same faces, same view.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Was that all, or in part, 'borrowing' spare seats from those mates and either getting it for free or for the pro-rata'ed season ticket price for a match?

I ask because buying match by match from the club, even if you 'only' make 20 games in the season would see you paying more than a season ticket. For many people, the economics involved in a season ticket paid via interest free direct debit, are quite compelling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I ask because buying match by match from the club, even if you 'only' make 20 games in the season would see you paying more than a season ticket. For many people, the economics involved in a season ticket paid via interest free direct debit, are quite compelling.
It's the only reason we're all season ticket holders.

My flabber is truly agast at the fact that every club didn't adopt the same policy after the first season, let alone still dithering 6 seasons later.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

My flabber is truly agast at the fact that every club didn't adopt the same policy after the first season, let alone still dithering 6 seasons later.

Us too. I couldn't pay what must be £700-800 for an adult and U-18 for the WSU in a lump sum. In fact, that I don't actually know how much it is indicates just how well the DD scheme works.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Perhaps having an existing season ticket holder base paying up front in cash is an important part of their cash flow, and they don't have the ability or expectation of significantly increasing the number to compensate for the costs of such a scheme? We managed to do it at the ideal time moving from a small toilet of a ground to a luxury purpose built stadium.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
"Interest free monthly payment option" is a Barberism that really gets on my tets.

So you start to pay for your product 5 months before you actually get it (first direct debit in March, first match in August), and you finish paying for it 3 months before you finish using it (last direct debit in February, last match in May). I wonder what the club is doing with all that advance money? Surely someone as savvy as Barber would be getting interest on it, perhaps. That is of course assuming we don't pay player wages 5 months in advance, since that is the biggest outgoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here