Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly 22,000 season tickets sold already for 2016/17

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
You never know. They extended it as far as Eastbourne last close season...

That's just outside of Toronto, isn't it?

I haven't had a season season ticket since I left. Held one at the Amex for the first couple of years, but didn't realise the prices had increased that much. Looks like I will be begging family when they aren't using them and trying to pick the odd games up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
not digging at anyone, genuine question GCCM ?
regards
DR
But the question keeps being repeated, year after year. That's why it's a dig. You know we can never either say precisely how many bums on seats or whether selling the tickets cheaper would improve things but yet every single thread about tickets or the fans, you keep trotting out the same tired nonsense.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Jan 30, 2008
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

but, just to put aside your constant negative dullness, for a second....

1. ****ing loads. More than have 'actually turned up' than at pretty much any era in the club's history. And guess what? They're enjoying it. You really ought to try it.

2. None. Zero. Not a single person spends £400 plus on a little piece of plastic, just because it is 'fun' to keep in their wallet. Some can't make every game, granted - that's a shame - i'm sure they'd rather be at all of them.

3. The whole 'there are thousands who have tickets and never turn up' suggestion is complete bollocks anyway. We have 20k+ sth. Every game some don't show - sometimes as many as a couple of thousand. It's only morons who think it's the same people who are missing every time. Think about it - 2000 missing of 22,000 means that effectively each sth is missing two matches per season. Really not in the slightest bit out of the ordinary.
i never said it was anything out of the ordinary , thanks for your insight into season ticket holders, can't believe i had one for three seasons???
regards
DR

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But the question keeps being repeated, year after year. That's why it's a dig. You know we can never either say precisely how many bums on seats or whether selling the tickets cheaper would improve things but yet every single thread about tickets or the fans, you keep trotting out the same tired nonsense.

Eventually you will learn to ignore him, like the miserable old git in the pub chuntering in the corner to himself over his pint of mild and bitter.

Jan 30, 2008

cheaper walk up prices all day long for me, FAIR PLAY IF YOU WANT THE COMMITMENT OF A S/T
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i never said it was anything out of the ordinary , thanks for your insight into season ticket holders, can't believe i had one for three seasons???
regards
DR

Yes you did. You (very clearly) suggested that there are a significant number of STH who have them ('for fun') and 'don't turn up'.

And with the exception of the family stand on a school night, its bollocks. Its always been bollocks.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Is there any danger of them selling out prior to Friday?

Been looking at the Family stand and it's going down fairly rapidly. Not sure that front row would be that great a view when we are attacking the North

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is there any danger of them selling out prior to Friday?

Been looking at the Family stand and it's going down fairly rapidly. Not sure that front row would be that great a view when we are attacking the North

Young kids tend to like being right down the front, near the action - but then they are not really bothered about getting a good view of the pattern of play, etc are they?

It is worth considering that in the front 15 or so rows of the East, you WILL get wet.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's just outside of Toronto, isn't it?

I haven't had a season season ticket since I left. Held one at the Amex for the first couple of years, but didn't realise the prices had increased that much. Looks like I will be begging family when they aren't using them and trying to pick the odd games up.

Just buy match day tickets

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Young kids tend to like being right down the front, near the action - but then they are not really bothered about getting a good view of the pattern of play, etc are they?

It is worth considering that in the front 15 or so rows of the East, you WILL get wet.

Very good point. Made that mistake once before but had forgotten! I told the son that it was like that at Withdean and he just looked at me as if to say 'and you went there why?'

I am trying to find the perfect view for us both without being too selfish myself and reducing his experience.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes you did. You (very clearly) suggested that there are a significant number of STH who have them ('for fun') and 'don't turn up'.

And with the exception of the family stand on a school night, its bollocks. Its always been bollocks.

NO I DIDN'T !! , i asked how many would be sitting on a ST. you're making it all up now:facepalm:
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very good point. Made that mistake once before but had forgotten! I told the son that it was like that at Withdean and he just looked at me as if to say 'and you went there why?'

I am trying to find the perfect view for us both without being too selfish myself and reducing his experience.

We are FS, at the back of ESL, as close to HW as you can go before it becomes 1901. It is a brilliant view, but then my lads are 15 and 17 so want to watch the play properly.

There are some little kids up there, and they look as though they feel they are missing out, when the players are interacting with the kids right down the front during warm-up, etc. That said, nothing to stop kids from the back going down there pre-game, then up to their seats for kick off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

WSL ? Good view of the game, kids can run down the steps to the front (players often signing autographs before/after the warm up, pics with Gully etc) and with prevailing westerly winds don't usually get wet in the rain. Also quicker to get to the station if that's a factor (consequently poor for park and ride though)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We are FS, at the back of ESL, as close to HW as you can go before it becomes 1901. It is a brilliant view, but then my lads are 15 and 17 so want to watch the play properly.

You are very near to where we sit. I sit with my brother and kids in E1C row r. It's a great view and the kids prices are excellent!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here