How do you solve the problem of Elvis?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If anybody had ever offered me a weekly wage with three noughts on the end of it, I would have made myself love it wherever it was! Offer him a lump sum and tell him to bugger off if that's the way he feels!

yes , yes , yes ...but footballers are so fragile these days....look at ya ya toure....275 k a week and still a miserable ----...!!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
yes , yes , yes ...but footballers are so fragile these days....look at ya ya toure....275 k a week and still a miserable ----...!!

Yes, yes, that is correct. However, no amount of money can compensate for City forgetting his Birthday last year. There are some things money just can't buy......

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wanted him gone yesterday, if only to finally spare us from all the desperately weak Elvis puns that are seemingly on a loop whenever his name gets mentioned.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wanted him gone yesterday, if only to finally spare us from all the desperately weak Elvis puns that are seemingly on a loop whenever his name gets mentioned.

I'm not so sure I want him to leave.

I think we can go on together, but I'm suspicious, mind.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's got a whole pre-season to stake a claim though. If he can get his head down, work hard and learn the offside rule then there's no reason why he wouldn't deserve to be in the squad for the first couple of games of next season.

Yes agreed. There is little likelihood of any offers coming in anyway, so best to see what he has to offer in pre-season.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I have a hunch that Elvis will come good next season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes, yes, that is correct. However, no amount of money can compensate for City forgetting his Birthday last year. There are some things money just can't buy......

yes , yes , yes ....he's already got enough money to buy le cote d'ivoire 4 times over ...but citeh forgot his birthday and joey barton called him a " vagine noire"....a confrontation from which he is unable to recover...what a twatt..!!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

In case your Dutch isn't that great:

"Former Feyenoord to new transfer: "I would like flames again"

Read more: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/35572...sfer:_Ik_wil_graag_weer_vlammen#ixzz49ZbJsjDN

During the last summer transfer window Elvis Manu chose to leave Feyenoord behind and make the transition to the Championship. The striker signed a contract with Brighton & Hove Albion, but saw his adventure there anyway differently than he would have liked.

He did start the winger never and at one point was even unsuccessfully loaned to Huddersfield Town. "This has gone on long enough. The adventure at Brighton & Hove Albion failed in the Championship, 'said the disappointed attacker in conversation with the newspaper.

"The leadership has indicated that they want to participate in a departure. Rental or sale. It's all possible. I would like to again fire. And believe me, if you Elvis Manu gives confidence, he pays it back," the words the 22-year-old striker, who still keeps all options open."

Sounds to me like he wants out now.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Cant be arsed to read 76 posts.
I played 22 years Sunday League Div 14 to Div 3 in the late seventies - late nineties.
I was manager/dogsbody for most of this time.
Manu would have never got in any of my teams :moo:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Cant be arsed to read 76 posts.
I played 22 years Sunday League Div 14 to Div 3 in the late seventies - late nineties.
I was manager/dogsbody for most of this time.
Manu would have never got in any of my teams :moo:

He'll be all shook up with that revelation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not good enough. The electrifying pace is a myth. I saw all his sub appearances for us plus two U21s.

Ability level not that good, the Dutch league other than a couple of teams is not that great anyway.

I give you Roland Bergkamp.....

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'm one for give him another chance, we have nothing to lose! If he does well great, if he doesn't well lesson learnt.

Feynord loved him so him must have something about him.... Somewhere.... .??

Two Albion legends have signed from Feyenoord - Elvis and Mark Farrington. We really should stear clear of that club when looking to buy new talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here