Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I don't expect many people to agree with me but I'd give him a full pre-season and one last chance. Whilst his game has a a couple of flaws (admittedly, pretty major flaws) I still think his pace, strength and directness could see him be a useful sub if used in the Baldock role, just off a target man. If, and it's a bloody big if, he could learn the offside rule then I could see him becoming a more central version of Kaz. Baldock or AN Other pull a defence all over the place for 70 minutes with their movement and tempo, and then a tired defender comes up against someone like Manu who is fresh and will run at them at pace? Even if he doesn't score they'll be a few free-kicks in Knockaert or Skalak range.

There's obviously some talent in there - the man once scored 5 goals in 8 Europa league games and I personally don't feel he's been given a fair crack here. People were calling Sidwell shit due to a handful of disjointed sub apperances. Then he got a run of starts and it turns out he was quite good still. So it took a 33 year old player who'd spent almost his entire career in the top two divisions of English football time to adjust and settle... but a 22 year old foreigner can be written off as useless after less than 200 minutes of football for us? People are still saying that there's more to come from Skalak when he gets used to English football, but Manu should be binned off already? Right, okay.

:shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't expect many people to agree with me but I'd give him a full pre-season and one last chance. Whilst his game has a a couple of flaws (admittedly, pretty major flaws) I still think his pace, strength and directness could see him be a useful sub if used in the Baldock role, just off a target man. If, and it's a bloody big if, he could learn the offside rule then I could see him becoming a more central version of Kaz. Baldock or AN Other pull a defence all over the place for 70 minutes with their movement and tempo, and then a tired defender comes up against someone like Manu who is fresh and will run at them at pace? Even if he doesn't score they'll be a few free-kicks in Knockaert or Skalak range.

There's obviously some talent in there - the man once scored 5 goals in 8 Europa league games and I personally don't feel he's been given a fair crack here. People were calling Sidwell shit due to a handful of disjointed sub apperances. Then he got a run of starts and it turns out he was quite good still. So it took a 33 year old player who'd spent almost his entire career in the top two divisions of English football time to adjust and settle... but a 22 year old foreigner can be written off as useless after less than 200 minutes of football for us? People are still saying that there's more to come from Skalak when he gets used to English football, but Manu should be binned off already? Right, okay.

agree.....but manu has already stated his dissatisfaction at the club and hinted he wants to go home .......if he can get over that and commit to his obvious talents on the pitch then i say keep him .......if his head and heart aren't in it the piss him off...!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
agree.....but manu has already stated his dissatisfaction at the club and hinted he wants to go home .......if he can get over that and commit to his obvious talents on the pitch then i say keep him .......if his head and heart aren't in it the piss him off...!

If anybody had ever offered me a weekly wage with three noughts on the end of it, I would have made myself love it wherever it was! Offer him a lump sum and tell him to bugger off if that's the way he feels!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was happy to give him another chance until that interview he gave.

And then the mysterious disciplinary issue when on loan at Huddersfield.

Showed himself up to be a rotten apple.

Get Rid.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I agree with your sentiment, however at present, the starting 11 will have Skalak, Knockaert and Baldock. Murphy and KLL on the bench. When March comes back he will be in the mix too.

The problem is whether Manu will get a chance. Would he take it if he was given one?
There isn't much on offer for him at the moment. If we can sell him we should.
if only for practical reasons.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Try and get some other mug Championship club to buy him or send him back to a Dutch club, he won't play here, he didn't get game time for Huddersfield.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ideally;

Option A - sell and recoup as much as we can get for him

Option B - loan out for the season

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if he scores a few goal pre-season he will be a different prospect...............but can he?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is the lad that openly said he made a mistake coming to Brighton. This in a team full of togetherness. Goldson sat patiently and bided his time, the professional way. Nah, ship him out. Everyone gets a transfer wrong occasionally.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
On the admittedly very little I've seen him, he's nowhere near championship standard. At Wolves if they had started me, Id've made more of a contribution than Elvis. Normally, I would've said he needs one more year but in his case I really think we should sell for whatever we can get and free up the wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here