Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you into the Paranormal?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So you can see reality, the protons, neutrons, electrons etc

Well technically you can see protons and neutrons if you have the right equipment... which is the point. Even if you can't directly see them, you can directly measure via numerous methods that they are there. Whereas the only evidence for ghostly apparitions comes from a rather unreliable source: anecdotes and eye witness testimony

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Seagull27 has answered for me and better than I can. As he says, why people give credence to second hand stories I have no idea.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In my experience, people are often given the rational explanation and choose to reject it.

Lots of ghost claims are that people woke up in the middle of the night and there was a ghost standing at the end of their bed. The obvious, rational explanation for this is they were dreaming, in fact it is pretty obvious to most people that this is the case. However, many people refuse to accept the blindly obvious.

I can understand the occasions whereby those woken up in the middle of the night, but I wouldn't be so bold to say that it would be 'obvious' as that's a subjective thing.

For me, the two main occasions i've experienced it have included moving objects, which is a little harder to explain.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are instruments that detect paranormal activity. I have seen them on TV.

18dxjflmch2k9jpg-300x221.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
So you can see reality, the protons, neutrons, electrons etc

Well technically you can see protons and neutrons if you have the right equipment... which is the point. Even if you can't directly see them, you can directly measure via numerous methods that they are there. Whereas the only evidence for ghostly apparitions comes from a rather unreliable source: anecdotes and eye witness testimony

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I can understand the occasions whereby those woken up in the middle of the night, but I wouldn't be so bold to say that it would be 'obvious' as that's a subjective thing.

For me, the two main occasions i've experienced it have included moving objects, which is a little harder to explain.

You do not think it is obvious?

A person wakes up in the middle of the night to see a person at the end of their bed - Which is a more rational explanation?

a) They there were dreaming or in a form of sleep paralysis or
b) A dead person has returned back from the grave to look over the body of a sleeping human.

Moving objects. To give you an example, as a kid I once watched a glass move along a kitchen sideboard before dropping off and smashing on its own. Really scared me at the time and I ran to my Dad who then showed me that the kitchen surface was wet forming a layer of water between the glass which caused it to oddly shuffle forwards. Despite my fear that it was a ghost, there really was a rational explanation.

I think people really want to believe this stuff, I think it would be great too if ghosts did exist. Unfortunately, people want to believe it so much that they end up rejecting the rational, plausible and frankly, more boring explanation as to why these things happen.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Right, anyone seen any, you know, TONIGHT? Or any night for that matter :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've never seen anything but my daughter 6 at the time now 31 asked me why Scotty our next door neighbour was in her room last night, she often baby sat for us and was a good friend but did not baby sit that night , I said she wasn't in your room you must have dreamed it.

That was that I went to work, I came home had my dinner and about a hour later the police knocked the door and outside there were the usual vehicles you find at the scene of a accident, they asked the last time I'd seen Scotty and proceeded to tell me she had passed away probably the night before or earlier, after I told them when I'd seen her and sat down it clicked what my daughter had told me .

Perhaps a dream as I'd told her but very spooky and a huge coincidence if nothing else, my daughter never mentioned it again so let it be, I've never forgotten it though so when she was about 20 I asked her about that night and she had no memory of it whatsoever.

We found out later Scotty had died of natural causes .

Did Scotty pay her a visit in spirit that night ? I don't know but it was strange and since that day I've a very open mind on such things,

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
One night, a normal temperature night, I woke up with the shivers, which never happens to me. Next day I found out my cousin’s husband died during the night. Coincidence maybe.

When I was a kid, me and my brother would leave the radio on, I woke up one night to the very strange and loud sound of demonic voices coming from the speakers. My brother was fast asleep. Maybe someone was playing a trick through the radio waves or something.

A few things I weren’t there for:

My nan told me the night her dad died a glass flew across the bar and smashed in the pub.

When my grandad’s mum died, the washing line (with clothes on) shook uncontrollably…on its own…indoors.

My grandad told me that when he was a boy during the war, he stayed at an old place near Burwash. Random bangs would hit his bedroom wall. One time, when he was going down to the barn to take shelter during an air raid, he and others saw a ghost of a nun walk through a door. I asked him about it a few times throughout the years, he insisted that he saw it. A hallucination maybe, who knows?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here