Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely no Brighton fans are still saying "Don't care"?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have never understood hate between clubs and supporters. Have relative lives near Palace ground and used his address to to get ticket against Brighton few years ago. Sat with Palace supporters .I didnt jump up and down when we equalised but no problem sitting there and thats how it should be. wanted Palace to win yesterday just because I always supprt smaller club in Premier league.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't care.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another 10 minutes .......
Oh we'll, such is life.
Good day out, plenty of beer, and some complementary weed songs to boot.
We move on.

Didn't hear any weed songs, but credit to your fans and the atmosphere you created. Man U, crap fans but a better team

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I still cannot believe (and I guess they were just lying to themselves) that there were Brighton fans who said they "didn't care" if Palace won the Cup or not. Really? You'd rather have seen all those ugly miserable mugs contorted with joy? A joy they would NEVER let us forget? I think not.
When our season was still going I imagine many of us were concentrating on that. I'm not sure many of us didn't care.
EDIT - reading this thread I see there are some that don't. I sat and watched with my daughter, cheering on the reds.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I had no idea they were in the cup final until yesterday morning, had to watch it and the laughs just kept on coming from 83 mins on. My faith in football has been restored.

#LingardLegend

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have never understood hate between clubs and supporters. Have relative lives near Palace ground and used his address to to get ticket against Brighton few years ago. Sat with Palace supporters .I didnt jump up and down when we equalised but no problem sitting there and thats how it should be. wanted Palace to win yesterday just because I always supprt smaller club in Premier league.

Wouldn't go quite that far, but agree with the general sentiment.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When our season was still going I imagine many of us were concentrating on that. I'm not sure many of us didn't care.
EDIT - reading this thread I see there are some that don't. I sat and watched with my daughter, cheering on the reds.

Yeah, I read quite a few posts on here before the end of the season from people saying that they didn't care if Palace won the Cup or not; hence my reason for starting this thread.

I quite understand that before the end of our season our fortunes, quite rightly, took precedence over what any other club did. Consequently I can almost accept people saying that if we got promoted then they didn't give a toss if Palace won it or not not. Likewise I'm sure some hid behind the "don't care" attitude as a kind of coping mechanism in order to deal with the unthinkable if it had occurred. But given what had happened to us this week I really didn't think anybody would view Palace winning the FA Cup as a "meh" event, or indeed even as a bit of pick-me-up. However from some of the replies it seems I was wrong. Unbelievable.

EDIT: It's odd that I feel so pleased as for a number of reasons I'm not a huge fan of the Brighton/Palace rivalry. I remember when it started - and I remember when to all intents and purposes it finished shortly after as they went on to become a much bigger and more successful club than us. For the past 35 years or so we've been Scotland to their England. However there are limits to my "Palace are just another London club" philosophy.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't really understand why Palace have a rivalry with a club on the south coast of Sussex. I can understand the Brighton thing, as it used to be our closest journey before Crawley.

But its good to have this A23 derby rather than be like Bournemouth, Charlton ect who would like some sort of rival, but other clubs are not really bothered about them.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Loved it me. I always enjoy seeing Palace get done cup final or not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I watched without interest from either me or the teams involved for the first 78 minutes, then when Palace scored I switched the TV off. My thoughts were as black as the night. It was only a comment from my daughter some time later that 'the other side' had scored that I re-kindled my interest and turned the tele back on; to find the Man U team celebrating. When I found out that we had a new Brighton legend to behold and that Luis van Gaal could put two fingers up to the Man U machine, then I raised a slight smirk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here