Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora - was it the right decision to bring him back this season?...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, it absolutely was right to bring him back.

A definite boon for the team and fans.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
After the previous season it was important that the club lifted the spirit of the fans - signing Zamora did just that. He scored 7 goals , I probably expected 10 (but no more ) so a shortfall but what great goals. The club made a mistake in January not getting another all out striker when it was clear Wilson was not fit and Baldock would not rise to the challenge.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he played far more and was available far more than anyone could have wished for to be honest, just a shame he missed the last couple of months.
But scored 7 vital goals for us, and Im sure his influence in the dressing room was huge.

Great decision to get him back.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yes - great move to bring him back. Kick started the season and lifted the mood at the club. Priceless

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes.

During the January transfer window the club knew Bobby wouldn't be up to it, so we could have brought more in. We brought Wilson in, and he looked to be brilliant. He then got sick, and hasn't been the same since.

Yes.
Contract to do what exactly? His playing days are over.

Agree on all counts there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After the previous season it was important that the club lifted the spirit of the fans - signing Zamora did just that. He scored 7 goals , I probably expected 10 (but no more ) so a shortfall but what great goals. The club made a mistake in January not getting another all out striker when it was clear Wilson was not fit and Baldock would not rise to the challenge.

Definitely this. Although early doors Wilson looked the ticket and faded sickness/injury etc

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
What people need to put into perspective is that if Zamora wasn't there, another striker would have been on the pitch.

Having watched him play home and away it was apparent his lack of pace and ability around pitch was made up by his ability to put the ball in the net. But in all, think of the additional points we could have had if someone younger and more mobile was out there, instead of someone who tended to lay balls off to imaginary players as they didn't have the energy or ability anymore to run with the ball.

He is still a hero in my eyes, but I was frustrated as we signed a player who was weeks off match fitness.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It's a fair question. I would say on balance, yes, because he defined some games. Of course it would have been better if he'd been fit all season but that was always unlikely. aside from this, seeing bobby back in an albion shirt for the first time at the amex was just a fantastic moment.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Defiantly no question

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes he was a good signing but when it became obvious that he was nearly finished in Feb/March her should have been replaced by a loan signing of similar playing ability and style.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Based purely on the facts about his production and the number of points his goals won us you'd have to say for a 3rd / 4th striker that was a decent contribution, so a yes from me.

However, the intangible benefit of the timing of his signing, lifting the gloom of the Sami era, coming back home, his professionalism, his expertise make it a resounding YES.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Don't get me wrong, we all know that Bobby is a legend at the club and always will be but was it the right decision to sign him and did we get value from him this season?

Undoubtedly the first 6 months went well with Bob notching regularly match winning goals. However due to a combination of injury and fatigue as well as possibly a loss of form when he was playing, the last 4 months were a bit of a wash out and we were undeniably short of forward cover for the last 2-3 months of the season which may have cost us.

So the question is, were we right in re-signing Bobby this season and I guess secondly would anyone give him a further years contract?

Off course,

Had he played on Monday, we would now be a premiership team, in such situations he is worth more than Baldock and Wilson put together!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
sadly my only pilgrimage this season was Bristol City

and BZ duly delivered

:bowdown:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I have absolutely no doubt that it was a great decision. His signing gave a lift to the whole club and he scored important goals. It has also been clear that he has been a great team member and influence and I'm sure he motivated the squad.

I'm gutted to see Bobby, Calde and Greer go. It must be the right decision, but will we be able to replace their dedication and influence on the team?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What people need to put into perspective is that if Zamora wasn't there, another striker would have been on the pitch.

Having watched him play home and away it was apparent his lack of pace and ability around pitch was made up by his ability to put the ball in the net. But in all, think of the additional points we could have had if someone younger and more mobile was out there, instead of someone who tended to lay balls off to imaginary players as they didn't have the energy or ability anymore to run with the ball.

He is still a hero in my eyes, but I was frustrated as we signed a player who was weeks off match fitness.
You could equally blame Wilson and Baldock.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I have absolutely no doubt that it was a great decision. His signing gave a lift to the whole club and he scored important goals. It has also been clear that he has been a great team member and influence and I'm sure he motivated the squad.

I'm gutted to see Bobby, Calde and Greer go. It must be the right decision, but will we be able to replace their dedication and influence on the team?
This, this and this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here