Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's Review

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was fortunate enough to have had a very quick chat with him after the first ever game at the Amex. He came across as so modest and humble, a really genuine character.

Agree totally, yet still some seem to want our local club run by mysterious foreigners

Anyone else think Bloom has taken
us as far as we can go?didn't want to pay Murray's wage...
Perhaps it s time to step down and get a Russian or far eastern owner in,hasn't done Leicester any harm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Puts the pressure on stating Top 2 is the target. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. Three coming up, three coming down, a whole summer to go of recruitment and 24 teams of whom 10-12 would legitimately target playoffs. Its going to be tough(er).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It will be a tougher league next year. All 3 teams coming down will be very strong. Norwich have pedigree in this league and neither villa or toon lasted long the last time they were in the equivalent leagues. We do need to go and get McCormack and a replacement for Greer. If sidwell signs on then I think that we still need another quality midfielder. If Stephens goes then add two to that as we've not won as many games when he and Kayal aren't fit. Alan Judge would be a good shout but we may be surprised - I would also like to see Hughton go for Wes Hoolahan aswell from Norwich.

Finally another left back is also needed as back up. Both Rosenior and Bruno are on the wrong side of 30.

Unlike last year when we needed a good 7-8 players I really think that we are good enough to play in the premier league- one or two class additions would not just see us do well next year but also possibly the season after if we went up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Puts the pressure on stating Top 2 is the target. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. Three coming up, three coming down, a whole summer to go of recruitment and 24 teams of whom 10-12 would legitimately target playoffs. Its going to be tough(er).

Not really. Just echoing the thoughts of his manager and, no doubt, the players. We have to aim for top 2 as we do not want to go through the pain of the play-offs again. He knows that he has a gem of a manager, an excellent squad and he will support them as far as he can. He is not a chairman that will chop and change unless something goes drastically wrong. No more pressure next season than this really.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Not really. Just echoing the thoughts of his manager and, no doubt, the players. We have to aim for top 2 as we do not want to go through the pain of the play-offs again. He knows that he has a gem of a manager, an excellent squad and he will support them as far as he can. He is not a chairman that will chop and change unless something goes drastically wrong. No more pressure next season than this really.

I haven't gone back to check but I am pretty sure we didn't start 2015/16 with a public aim of Top 2. Ambitions were pretty muted really and so we were under the radar/exceeding expectations for much of the season. This IS quite different, IMO. As I said it may not be bad thing, we'll see how we handle the pressure, but expectations are markedly different.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

And rightly so, we were the surprise package this term the element of surprise won't be there next season so in turn expectations should rise in line with that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Top man. Dread to think where we be now, if he hadn't stumped up to get the Amex built..

Yeah it was at a time when cash was hard to come by. We have a unique priviledge to have TB which should never to be taken for granted

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I haven't gone back to check but I am pretty sure we didn't start 2015/16 with a public aim of Top 2. Ambitions were pretty muted really and so we were under the radar/exceeding expectations for much of the season. This IS quite different, IMO. As I said it may not be bad thing, we'll see how we handle the pressure, but expectations are markedly different.

We didn't - top 6 was the aim. Every player that has spoken, the Manager and now the Chairman has said that top 2 next season is the aim. The pressure, if you want to call it that, has come from the entire club, not just from the Chairman. It is not as if TB has stated something that is wildly fanciful - he is just echoing the thoughts of his staff.

I would call it determination and resolve rather than pressure.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's a shame there isn't an award for Chairman of the Season.
Tony would surely win that

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How lucky are we to have the best Chairman in the Championship? Great video. Very encouraging...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wednesday and Hull both having a day at Wembley courtesy of mysterious foreigners.

Yes. And it sticks in the craw a bit for all of us. But its not all about the Premier League for Brighton. And Bloom knows that.
Given our history, and how owners have nearly driven the club out of existence in the past we should embrace wholeheartedly an owner who has been a fan for 40 years and wants to ensure the club, whilst clear about its ambition to get promoted, is also being run professionally and has respect for its fans, traditions and its long term future.
There's countless examples this season where NSC has highlighted examples of that.

Meanwhile Hull have to put up with their traditions being trashed, the name of the club being changed at a whim and now a membership scheme that means that all discounted u21 ticket prices have been abolished.

Sheff Weds have a Thai owner who despite being worth millions immediately imposed swingeing ticket price increases on Sheff Weds fans on taking over whilst our tickets have been frozen or flat for a 2nd year in a row, and despite promises has done nothing [yet] about overhauling Hillsbrough, their training facilities or their academy.

PS: Hull's owner is not a mysterious foreigner. He's lived near Hull for nearly 40 years himself but nonetheless seems set on being hostile to fans in how the club is run.

Bloom has been at the Albion for 7 years. He simply is the best thing that has happened to this club in my lifetime. I'd be careful what you wish for...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here