Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Once you see it, you can't un-see it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The suggestion was fine too? Could be ash? This isn't an optical illusion, it really is a cigar. They stuck a cigar in the wall, and took a photo of it.

OK, the explanation (rather than suggestion) was fine then. It does look a bit like a bit of rusty metal too. But as you say, there is no optical illusion, so a bit emperor's new clothes really.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK, the explanation (rather than suggestion) was fine then.
I was just checking you didn't think this was one of those 'jesus on a piece of toast) things.

But as you say, there is no optical illusion, so a bit emperor's new clothes really.
Well the optical illusion is seeing just a wall. I think it's really clever, I just didn't see the wall.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was just checking you didn't think this was one of those 'jesus on a piece of toast) things.

Well the optical illusion is seeing just a wall. I think it's really clever, I just didn't see the wall.

Well, I don't quite know what you thought the 15 or so bricks in the picture were doing, if they weren't part of a wall! Know what you meant though - you saw it as something sticking out of the wall straightaway; as I did.
Think I've just wasted several minutes of my life on it though! To be honest, for a good optical illusion I'd expect at least a fuzzy image of Madonna and Child, or perhaps the Mona Lisa, to be lurking in the shadows if you screwed your eyes up and squinted enough!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I prefer this one

_86797716_887395_556146307871749_5818823177186131669_o.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Couldn't see it at all until another site literally removed everything but.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Couldn't see it on Bozza's paste, but saw it immediately on the mirror site without reading the accompanying text. Went back to Bozza's version and there it was. The brain is a funny old thing.

BTW, I'd be interested to know if the minority who saw it right away have other unusual characteristics . . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for trying, but that's no spoiler at all. I'm one of the 36% of people who've checked that link that can't see anything except a wall.

So can you tell us in plain English what it is that we're supposed to see? Or maybe the joke is that it is just a wall?

Go back to the mirror link and scroll down the page. There is a handy diagram . . . .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couldn't see it.
Tried for the time it took to drink a hot coffee and still nothing.
Looked up the answer and still took 5 mins to see it.
NOW THE DAMN THING WONT GO AWAY!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here