Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa to be sold to Chinese. Di Matteo as Manager

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It seems that I know absolutely nothing about what it takes to be a successful manager

It's not that simple I don't think. A successful manager at one club doesn't always translate into success at another and vice versa, when you factor in variables like team spirit, quality of recruitment, infrastructure, relationship with chairman/board etc.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well, I can kinda see why Xia would be a bit peeved about that.

The journo has posted an article about Chinese businessmen acquiring companies overseas and seemingly decided to use it as a stick to beat Xia with. He's not mentioned in that at all. He's just been targeted presumably because he is A) Chinese and B) bought an overseas company.

Lazy of the Talksport guy.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Wonder if he's just got it wrong. Fosun are mentioned in the article and they are the guys that took control of Wolves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tony Xia is one of my favourite Twitter accounts, he's unintentionally hilarious. What about this from the other day (I couldn't resist replying)

[tweet]878904398356893696[/tweet]

Anything you say always attracts a load of abuse from Villa fans, who absolutely hero worship the guy even though he's only been there five minutes. I suppose after the decay of the club under Lerner they're just relieved to have someone - anyone - throwing some money at the club. But I'm SO glad we have a chairman who steers clear of social media.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Tony Xia is one of my favourite Twitter accounts, he's unintentionally hilarious. What about this from the other day (I couldn't resist replying)

[tweet]878904398356893696[/tweet]

Anything you say always attracts a load of abuse from Villa fans, who absolutely hero worship the guy even though he's only been there five minutes. I suppose after the decay of the club under Lerner they're just relieved to have someone - anyone - throwing some money at the club. But I'm SO glad we have a chairman who steers clear of social media.

He's absolutely brilliant. Leaks gossip all over the shop, and in comically broken English.

"While we very often hear lots ppl missing previous players, I still have one old saying in my mind: A good horse does not eat back to grass."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's absolutely brilliant. Leaks gossip all over the shop, and in comically broken English.

"While we very often hear lots ppl missing previous players, I still have one old saying in my mind: A good horse does not eat back to grass."

:lolol:

He often talks in proverbs. The bloke is a walking fortune cookie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here