Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship 2016/17 Winner Betting Odds

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Newcastle have just beaten Spurs 5-1 - that is the third best team in the Premier League. If - and it is a big if - they can somehow convince Rafa Benitez to manage in the Championship they should be even shorter than that price

Spurs had completely imploded after blowing their title chance. That result means nothing. Can't tell with Newcastle yet as it depends on who stays / leaves / joins, manager and players.

I'm amazed Villa are so short. The club is a total mess from top to bottom and I reckon they are more likely to get relegated than win the title.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Norwich might be on the drift shortly if @TSF on Twitter is to be believed. Financial crisis, firesale etc.

Unless someone has been syphoning off the TV money then it's implausible to think of them in financial difficulty, they've been run tight like Burnley

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
This is what he (Dave Kitson isn't it) tweeted. Admittedly "I've heard" could be from anywhere.

Secret Footballer ‏@TSF 14m14 minutes ago
Norwich City are in financial crisis. I've heard there will be an imminent fire sale of players.
84 retweets 12 likes
Reply Retweeted 84
Like 12
More
They've lost main sponsors Aviva - who will become a Premier League official partner. The club's banking credit facility is maxed out.
48 retweets 8 likes
Reply Retweet 48
Like 8
More
Secret Footballer ‏@TSF 13m13 minutes ago
The owners won't be investing and there is a process underway to remove current owners before new foreign investors come in.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This is what he (Dave Kitson isn't it) tweeted. Admittedly "I've heard" could be from anywhere.

Norwich City are in financial crisis. I've heard there will be an imminent fire sale of players.
84 retweets 12 likes
Reply Retweeted 84
Like 12
More
They've lost main sponsors Aviva - who will become a Premier League official partner. The club's banking credit facility is maxed out.
48 retweets 8 likes
Reply Retweet 48
Like 8
More
Secret Footballer ‏@TSF 13m13 minutes ago
The owners won't be investing and there is a process underway to remove current owners before new foreign investors come in.

Norwich fans all calling bullshit on this. Interesting though.

sneakychef

Oct 28, 2004
Stroud Green
Unless someone has been syphoning off the TV money then it's implausible to think of them in financial difficulty, they've been run tight like Burnley

This is the same Norwich that were paying at least one of their directors £1m as a basic while they were in the Championship. Run tight on the playing budget doesn't mean the money has been kept in the club.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Hull, Derby & Wednesday (do we still :lolol: now?) are still missing from that list, though Derby will obviously join it this time tomorrow. Once the 24 team list is complete it'll be interesting to see where they have us.

Away from winning the title, we're 9/2 for promotion next year - roughly an 18% implied chance. If (huge if) we can keep Hughton and the squad together, I think our chance might be bigger than that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If Balls stays as Chairman at Norwich they can be discounted as any serious threat, probably wouldn't even finish in the top half.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hull, Derby & Wednesday (do we still :lolol: now?) are still missing from that list, though Derby will obviously join it this time tomorrow. Once the 24 team list is complete it'll be interesting to see where they have us.

Away from winning the title, we're 9/2 for promotion next year - roughly an 18% implied chance. If (huge if) we can keep Hughton and the squad together, I think our chance might be bigger than that.
We'll be shorter odds than both Derby and Wednesday, suspect they'll be 16/1 to win it, Hull would be shorter than us. Who cares though, we're going up as f#cking champions! Can we use this chant all season, it worked wonders all those years ago singing it in the opening game of the season and gave the players the lift it needed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Newcastle have just beaten Spurs 5-1 - that is the third best team in the Premier League. If - and it is a big if - they can somehow convince Rafa Benitez to manage in the Championship they should be even shorter than that price

Doesn't guarantee them success though.

They'll obviously lose players, and there's a motivation issue (Burton on a Tuesday night, anyone?). And HUGE expectation. Also, Benny knows f**k all about The Championship.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Derby added to the market at stretch

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.22.23.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Will this change when Derby are proved to have smashed the FFP limits and can't sign any players? :jester:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
next years is going to be tougher than ever. Transfer embargo lifted on a number of clubs and Newcastle and Norwich will retain squads. Very tough.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sheff Wed :lolol: aren't in the oddschecker markets yet but SkyBet have them at 14s.
Baldy Fred has chalked them up at macaroni :ohmy:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Full market now

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 08.59.36.png

Bet365 have opened their book and are best price on a lot of teams which has reduced the overround a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here