Crofts
JFC
Ince
Baldock
Lua Lua
Elvis
Holla

Agree plus BZ will retire due to his hip injury

Stating the obvious but we need 2 class strikers as a priority (the difference in the end between us and teams that have gone up). At least 1 CM assuming RT has a good preseason, and a RB.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sell Kaz, Holla, Chicksen, Manu, O'Grady, release Crofts, Calde, Ankergren, Greer, Zamora, loans or permanent transfers for JFC and Ince, offer Bruno another season but I'd expect Rosenior to be first choice RB (surely Bruno can't have another season like this one left in him?!). I'd give Maenpaa another year as well as long as he is comfortable being cover.

I think Kayal will stay but wouldn't be overly-surprised if Stephens left. In which case, Sidwell + two new CMs in ideally, a first choice LB with Bong as cover + two new strikers. Maybe a left winger as well depending on how Solly's recovery is going.

I'd keep hold of Baldock but not necessarily as a regular starter. He does a job for us but 10 goals a season should really be a bare minimum for a support striker in a team going for promotion. Useful player to have in tricky away ties and to help see out a game though.

With Uwe still to come back, we'll probably be ok at CB providing we keep hold of Dunk and Goldson with Rea as additional cover.

Leaving us with:

Stockdale
Maenpaa
Walton

Bruno
Rosenior
Huenemeier
Dunk
Rea
Goldson
Bong
New LB

Knockaert
Skalak
Kayal
New CM
Stephens/New CM
Sidwell
March
Murphy
New LM?

Hemed
Baldock
New ST
New ST

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
definitely sold/released: Baldock, KLL, COG, Holla, Elvis, Ince, Chicksen, Crofts
Retire: BZ, Calderon, Greer ( or Greer to somewhere lome luton)
Long term loan: JFC
Sold for right money: Dunk

I would expect that those who need to know already know the likely incoming

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sell Kaz, Holla, Chicksen, Manu, O'Grady,

Holla's been on offer for some time and we've had no takers yet - may be tough to sell. Manu will be even tougher but I do think we'll get offers for O'Grady. Don't think we have to sell Chicksen, isn't his contract up?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As I posted on another thread-

Bruno- Keep (offer a 1yr contract)
Calderon- Get rid- thanks for the memories Calde!
Greer- Tricky one- I would personally get rid but argument for offering 1yr contract as 4th choice
Rea- Haven't seen him play regularly enough to make a decision but would assume let him move on to a league 1 club
Chicksen- Bye bye!
Bong- Offer 1 year contract extension

Holla- Another year on his contract but attempt to ship him out if poss
Crofts- Get rid, all the best
Stephens- Offer 2 year contract extension
Kayal- Offer 2 year contract extension
Sidwell- Attempt to sign him, has got better and better with game time imo

Bobby Z- Enjoy retirement!
O'Grady- Another yr on contract but ship out if possible
Wilson- Send back to Man United
Manu- Another 2 years on his contract but maybe time to cut our losses if possible

Do think one of Stephens/Kayal will go though, probably Stephens.

You should be banned for putting the name Calde next to the statement 'get rid'.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
More about keeping than getting rid. If we keep spine of this lot and get a goalscorer, we will do well next season:

Stockdale
Bong Goldson Uwe Dunk Rosenior
Knockart Kayal Stephens March

Obviously the likes of Holla and Chicksen could go for nothing but we should look to get money for JFC, Ince. |
Time for Gordon to go, maybe Bruno (although to be fair, he seems to defy age).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
New contract :

Bruno

Release :

Calderon
Zamora ( retire )
Chicksen
Crofts
Greer

Under contract but surplus to requirements :

O'Grady
Holla
Elvis

Move Heaven and Earth to keep :

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Goldson

Last edited:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Sell Kaz, Holla, Chicksen, Manu, O'Grady, release Crofts, Calde, Ankergren, Greer, Zamora, loans or permanent transfers for JFC and Ince, offer Bruno another season but I'd expect Rosenior to be first choice RB (surely Bruno can't have another season like this one left in him?!). I'd give Maenpaa another year as well as long as he is comfortable being cover.

I think Kayal will stay but wouldn't be overly-surprised if Stephens left. In which case, Sidwell + two new CMs in ideally, a first choice LB with Bong as cover + two new strikers. Maybe a left winger as well depending on how Solly's recovery is going.

I'd keep hold of Baldock but not necessarily as a regular starter. He does a job for us but 10 goals a season should really be a bare minimum for a support striker in a team going for promotion. Useful player to have in tricky away ties and to help see out a game though.

With Uwe still to come back, we'll probably be ok at CB providing we keep hold of Dunk and Goldson with Rea as additional cover.

Leaving us with:

Stockdale
Maenpaa
Walton

Bruno
Rosenior
Huenemeier
Dunk
Rea
Goldson
Bong
New LB

Knockaert
Skalak
Kayal
New CM
Stephens/New CM
Sidwell
March
Murphy
New LM?

Hemed
Baldock
New ST
New ST

Pretty much this. Think that Stephens will stay, not sure about another winger. Possibly as the emergency loan system is going but wouldn't mind just leaving the remaining 4. Would say a new full back that can play both sides as backup and would still start with Bong. Hasn't looked great since coming back but another pre-season and hopefully he will be back to his early season form.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Baldock has to stay. If he's our worst striker then we've got a damn good strike force if he's not getting a game. He'd start for more than a few of our league opposition.

Get rid of Greer and go find the next Goldson in the lower leagues to fill his void.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Baldock and lualua is a bit strange

Not really. We have seen enough of both to know that they cannot cut it week in, week out at this level.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Baldock has to stay. If he's our worst striker then we've got a damn good strike force if he's not getting a game. He'd start for more than a few of our league opposition.

Agreed. This season has shown the quality throughout our squad which is a remarkable achievement. Miraculous to finish 3rd considering some of the injury problems we've had to contend with (and bans recently). Players like Baldock very much have a role to play, even if it's not as such a regular starter.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not really. We have seen enough of both to know that they cannot cut it week in, week out at this level.

So that's Lua Lua, Championship Player of the Month and ripping the division apart before he got injured? Granted, not great since he came back but that happens sometimes when players haven't had regular football. I'd have thought any decision on him would come down to whether he physically can handle the rigours of the season, rather than not being able to cut it at this level.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So that's Lua Lua, Championship Player of the Month and ripping the division apart before he got injured? Granted, not great since he came back but that happens sometimes when players haven't had regular football. I'd have thought any decision on him would come down to whether he physically can handle the rigours of the season, rather than not being able to cut it at this level.

6 weeks out of a 40 week season? Yes nobody is denying the fact Kaz had a strong August/early September but that in itself is not enough. Look at Knockaert's consistency since joining in the January transfer window. Incomparable.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Baldock and lualua is a bit strange

Very strange, Lua Lua had a storming start to the season, who's to say he won't recover that form after a rest and a good preseason. Baldock seems to inherited the irrational hate previously dished out to Barnes, mainly from people whose understanding of football is a little superficial.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm in the Baldock-not-first-choice club. I like him and his sprints into the box, but his touch and his finishing just aren't good enough for me. He could well be one of 3 or 4 battling for a spot, but I would hope we pick up something a little finer and with more goals in his boots.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Frankly, VERY little needs to change.

IF we kept all our key players I would IDEALLY hoe for something like:

Manu, Ince, Greer(I don't dislike him AT ALL, just think he might go) all going

Bring in:

Solid centre back
Sidwell if available. One other younger central midfielder.
1 MEGA STRIKER
1 young striker, maybe a loan.

That's about it.

If ever there was a relatively EASY summer for recruitment this is it. We have a GREAT team there. It just needs one more sprinkling of stardust and in my opinion that is a QUALITY striker (not a dig at Hemed).

Kodija at Bristol looked a hugely talented player and someone like McCormack ALWAYS scores goals, no matter what you think of him.

From the lower leagues, Bradley Dack will surely get a move away from Gillingham this summer as will Nicky Ajose at Swindon who has been phenomenal in a terrible team.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
6 weeks out of a 40 week season? Yes nobody is denying the fact Kaz had a strong August/early September but that in itself is not enough. Look at Knockaert's consistency since joining in the January transfer window. Incomparable.

Actually, after his initial impact, Knockaert went off the boil for several games and then came back strongly from Forest onwards. If Kaz is fit, he offers a different threat to our other wingers when in the groove and confident. He was also one of the only players that looked the part in the abysmal spell under Hyypia. The question is, can he be fit often enough to remain an option within the squad?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here