Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 for the first championship game next season....

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Why are people so keen to discard Hemed? He has 17 goals in his first season in English football and his main dry spell was when Baldock was out injured.

If we are to replace one of those two I'd definitely look to bring in a more clinical striker in the Baldock role. Could bring even more out of Hemed if his partner takes pressure off him by scoring a fair share.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Why are people so keen to discard Hemed? He has 17 goals in his first season in English football and his main dry spell was when Baldock was out injured.

If we are to replace one of those two I'd definitely look to bring in a more clinical striker in the Baldock role. Could bring even more out of Hemed if his partner takes pressure off him by scoring a fair share.

Hemed stays with 2 new choices for me.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Isn't March out for the calendar year? Can't remember where I heard this, and would be glad if I'm wrong

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are people seriously writing off Tomer Hemed? 17 goals in his first season in English football without another striker to share the scoring burden? Unbelievable. Excellent in the air, good touch, 20+ goals potentially next year if the whole team is stronger.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I dont think anyone wants to discard Hemed I certainly dont, as you say his first season in English football he has done very well, but we need a quality alternative in that role, Hemed and Murray sharing those duties looks perfect to me..

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Are people seriously writing off Tomer Hemed? 17 goals in his first season in English football without another striker to share the scoring burden? Unbelievable. Excellent in the air, good touch, 20+ goals potentially next year if the whole team is stronger.

I give up!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Unless Towell or JFC improve significantly in the off season, we need one, possibly even two box to box central midfield types. Our results without Kayal and/or Stephens this year haven't been too hot.

We need to strengthen up front. I'd probably rather see a couple come in than put all our eggs in one expensive marquee signing.

Some additional cover at fullback would be nice but not essential.

Otherwise it's going to be about replacing departures.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I believe there was a thread on him late December. He's a striker for SC Freiburg, and scored 21 goals in 32 games and is a proven Bundesliga striker, as he banged them in with Werder Bremen until the end of last season

I believe there are references about him and 6Music :rock:

thankyou, remember him now

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Out of contract: Calde, Ankergren, Greer, Glen Rea, Chicksen, Bruno, Crofts, Zamora, Maenpaa (we have a 1 year option) are all out of contract. I expect only Bruno, Maenpaa and (possibly) Greer to get offers...
In contract but out of favour: Ince, Holla, JFC, Elvis, O' Grady - will any stay if we get offers. You'd imagine all will be on loan etc.
I also guess Steve Sidwell might be approached as our first signing of the summer.

Which would leave squad as 20/21 players.
So predict about 4-5 signings in the summer.
Assuming none of this list go missing in action, which unless Prem League clubs come in with silly money (Dunk ? ) won't happen given Bloom's desire to keep squad together.
Also don't see anything from u21s in 15/16 to see anyone step up to first team squad for 16/17.

GOALKEEPERS
3. David Stockdale
1. Niki Maenpaa
Christian Walton

DEFENDERS
23. Liam Rosenior
2. Bruno Saltor
3. Gordon Greer
5. Lewis Dunk
4. Uwe Huenemeier
17. Connor Goldson
12. Gaetan Bong

MIDFIELDERS
6. Dale Stephens
7. Beram Kayal
29. Richie Towell
30. Kazenga LuaLua
27. Anthony Knockaert
20. Solomon March
15. Jamie Murphy

FORWARDS
10. Tomer Hemed
9. Sam Baldock
38. Jiri Skalak

contract details via http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?504-Brighton-Hove-Albion-Squad-2015-16-Contract-durations

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stockdale

Bruno. Goldson Skrtel. Bong

Skalak kayal Wesley sneijder knockhaert

Hemed. Huntelaar

Subs. Towell March rosenior maenparr hunemeier sidwell

I think Stevens, Crofts, Murphy, Greer, dunk, holla, Kenza, Bobby, elvis, baldock and Wilson will all have gone

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Out of contract: Calde, Ankergren, Greer, Glen Rea, Chicksen, Bruno, Crofts, Zamora, Maenpaa (we have a 1 year option) are all out of contract. I expect only Bruno, Maenpaa and (possibly) Greer to get offers...
In contract but out of favour: Ince, Holla, JFC, Elvis, O' Grady - will any stay if we get offers. You'd imagine all will be on loan etc.
I also guess Steve Sidwell might be approached as our first signing of the summer.

Which would leave squad as 20/21 players.
So predict about 4-5 signings in the summer.
Assuming none of this list go missing in action, which unless Prem League clubs come in with silly money (Dunk ? ) won't happen given Bloom's desire to keep squad together.
Also don't see anything from u21s in 15/16 to see anyone step up to first team squad for 16/17.

GOALKEEPERS
3. David Stockdale
1. Niki Maenpaa
Christian Walton

DEFENDERS
23. Liam Rosenior
2. Bruno Saltor
3. Gordon Greer
5. Lewis Dunk
4. Uwe Huenemeier
17. Connor Goldson
12. Gaetan Bong

MIDFIELDERS
6. Dale Stephens
7. Beram Kayal
29. Richie Towell
30. Kazenga LuaLua
27. Anthony Knockaert
20. Solomon March
15. Jamie Murphy

FORWARDS
10. Tomer Hemed
9. Sam Baldock
38. Jiri Skalak

contract details via http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?504-Brighton-Hove-Albion-Squad-2015-16-Contract-durations

Good work as ever Jem. "Bigger " clubs will be interested in Dunk, Stephens and especially Knockaert. I fear at least one of them will go but but let's say for the sake of the thread they stay.
I think Sidwell will sign too so think then we need at least 2 new strikers, a right-back and possibly another centre-half if Greer goes. Hopefully Towell will have a good -pre-season and step up to challenge Stephens and Kayal. If not, we could do with another central midfield player.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
My 11 with squad replacements next to them:

Stockdale / Maenpas

Bruno / Rosenior (think Bruno will be playing less next year if he does stay)
Dunk / Greer (both could be leaving, but would love Greer as back up)
Goldson / Huenemeier (Uwe to step up if Dunk leaves)
Bong / NEW and young LB

Skalak / March (confident both will stay. Happy if both do)
Kayal / Sidwell (get Sidwell back, he'll be excellent after a pre season)
Stephens / new CM (think Dale will leave, but I don't want him to)
Knockaert / Mruphy (VITAL that we keep Knockaert)

Hamed / Baldock (happy with Tomer as a second choice striker in the 11. Baldock not so much)
NEW Striker (so important that a big singing happens)

I would also keep LuaLua in the squad for next season. I'd also keep at least 1 of Towell, JFC and Ince. Walton to stay as third choice keeper. The rest of the deadwood needs to leave. I hope Zamora and Calderon remain on in some capacity at the club. Maybe in the community work like Guy and Danny!

It's vital we replace Dunk if he leaves. Having Greer as third choice with no cover cannot be an option. New CB needed if one leaves. However, of none leave, I'll be happy with the 4 we have got. I want Bruno to stay. I know CH rates him as a player, but is he fit enough for another intense season? Regardless, Rosenior is fantastic cover, so happy with these two covering RB. On the left, Bong to be first choice as he started this season magnificently. A new LB, a younger one happy to be reserve, will be needed.

In midfield, I'm happy with our 5 widemen. To be honest, we're spoilt for choice in this department. Knockaert is the one to hold onto of course. March coming back from injury too, so no recruitment needed unless Knockers leaves. Keep these together at all costs please, that's a priority! As for CMs, I would love to see Sidwell as cover, and one of the younger ones retained if possible. If CH deems the younger ones (Towell, JFC, Ince) not good enough, then a new CM is needed as cover. Try and keep Stephens and Kayal as first choice. If any leave, major investment needed to replace them. Sidwell as 3rd choice with younger ones as 4th and 5th would make me happy, but only if we keep Dale and Kayal! Time to say thanks and goodbye to Crofts and Holla.

Strikers, we are looking desperately short. Tomer Hamed is the only one I fancy to start next season. Investment needed, BIG time. A new marquee CF has been crying out for seasons, now is the time to splash the cash. There are some good, but slightly older, strikers coming out of contract to (as back up). At least 2 new players needed, this is a top priority. Time to say goodbye to COG, and move Baldock to a squad player or move on all together. If Sam does move on, 3 new players needed, so I doubt he'll leave. But, I know I'll worry if we just have Baldock and Hamed with no back ups! The sad reality is, a 10-15 goal a season striker next to Hamed would of seen us up. I'm not too confident with our younger strikers stepping up, maybe one filling in as a 4th choice if 2 new big names come in to help Hamed.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
If we keep everyone and add a few ;-) Let me dream just a bit longer...

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong

Skalak
Kayal
Stephens
Knockaert

Vydra
Murray

Subs

Hemed
Clough
Rosenior
Sidwell
Uwe
March
Murphy

If that is how we're going to do it:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong

Skalak
Kayal
Sidwell/Towell (Stephen's is still suspended)
Knockaert

Hemed
Terodde

Bench:

Baldock/new striker
Clough
Rosenior
Gilby
Uwe
March
Murphy

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
March

Petersen
McCormack

BENCH:
Walton
Rosenior
Greer
Power
Skalak
Murphy
Hemed

I think it is highly unlikely that we will sign Petersen and think Simon Terodde or Niklas Füllkrug would be more likely options. Nils Petersen fired Frieburg the 2.Bundesliga title this year putting them back in the Bundesliga where they have spent the majority of their timr since 2000

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Kayal
New CM/Sidwell
March/Skalak