Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 for the first championship game next season....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
For me, it's dead simple. Keep this squad together and add two top quality strikers and it is top 2 all the way next season. I'd include Murray in that shopping list.

If we keep Greer, great. If not we'll need another quality central defender unless Rea is deemed ready, plus a potential replacement right back for Calde if he is released (which i don't think is a certainty). Try to lose all the dead wood who are still under contract Holla, Manu etc.

The team with the potential to go back up straight away is Newcastle but even they probably won't fancy Burton Albion on a Tuesday night.
Villa need a rebuild, i think they will do a Fulham. Norwich top 6 but not top 2 unless they buy really well in the summer.

Other than that - if there is no hangover with this squad, the spirit and ability is there to go up automatically next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale
Maenpaa
Walton

Rosenior
Bruno / New Right back
Bong
New Left Back

Dunk / New CB
Goldson
Hunemeier
New CB
??? Rea ???

Kayal
Stephens
New CM (Sidwell ?)
New CM
Towell
JFC

Knockaert
Skalak
Murphy
March ( out until Christmas)
Lua Lua / ??? New winger ???

Hemed
Baldock
New Striker
New Striker

Surplus :
O'Grady
Ince
Holla
Elvis

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
-------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ----- Dunk ------ Goldson ----- Bong
Knockeart -- Kayal -- Stephens --- March
------------ McCormack ----- Murray --------

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I dont think anyone wants to discard Hemed I certainly dont, as you say his first season in English football he has done very well, but we need a quality alternative in that role, Hemed and Murray sharing those duties looks perfect to me..

Murray and Hemed would play well together so it doesn't have to be sharing that one role.

Gi2raffe1

May 17, 2016
This is a bit premature we do nit know who we will keep hold of yet or who the management team have in mind to bring in???

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Stockdale

Bruno. Goldson Skrtel. Bong

Skalak kayal Wesley sneijder knockhaert

Hemed. Huntelaar

Subs. Towell March rosenior maenparr hunemeier sidwell

I think Stevens, Crofts, Murphy, Greer, dunk, holla, Kenza, Bobby, elvis, baldock and Wilson will all have gone

Skrtel? Sneijder? Huntelaar? No way can we afford their astronomical wages, even if we say "FFP means nothing" next season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton says not as much recruitment will happen this summer.

This says to me the focus is on keeping our stars, and signing Sidwell to replace Crofts, a new left back to replace Chicksen, and 2 strikers to replace Wilson and Zamora. Perhaps a Central defender, perhaps another midfielder.

Keep everyone still in contract + Bruno and Rea, 4-6 new signings.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here