Baldock - 6
Wilson - 5 (7 first half, 3 second)

LuaLua - 6
Rosenior - 7

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
A must win home game against a side 15 points worse. No win and players are getting 8s. Come on, get real.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're probably one of the plastics with a post like that.

So let me get this right?
If we had lost the 1st leg by 6-0 ... and then won last night's game by 5-0 ... you think no player would deserve a score above what?
4?
5?

I've got a radical idea.
Why don't we start a new thread where we don't judge the players on the result, we don't judge them on past performances and pre-determined prejudices (good and bad), but instead we judge them on how they individually performed in that one game alone.

We could give the thread a new title ... I know a good one, let's call it 'Player Ratings'?

The team as a unit were superb last night, the fans should be really proud of them, not slagging them off because we didn't actually win.

The only piece of good luck we had over the two legs was Kayal not getting a 2nd yellow last night.
Compare that to Wednesday's incredible luck, playing against a decimated team in the first leg, being saved by the woodwork twice over the tie, and worst of all being allowed an illegal goal last night that effectively killed off our momentum.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 9
Greer 8
Dunk 10
Bong 7

Skalak 8
Knockaert 9
Sidwell 9
Kayal 9

Wilson 6
Baldock 5

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale 7 Disappointed with the goal, but solid otherwise and kicking was good.
Bruno 8 Masterful, what a man.
Dunk 9 Goal threat and smashing performance, should have been stronger on the goal.
Greer 6 Tried to force the play a bit too often, but playing his way back in. Might be the end for our legendary captain.
Bong 6 Didn't offer enough going forward, limited player but strong in defence.
Knockaert 8 For playing injured, for giving everything and for caring as much as the fans. Class act.
Sidwell 8 Rolled back the clock and was a man possessed, smashing performance.
Kayal 8 King Kayal on form but not in full force, I really hope we can keep him for next season.
Skalak 7 We'll only really see his value if he is played in his natural position, but nobody can argue about his class deliveries.
Baldock 5 He influenced the game once or twice, but last night epitomised his season - running around, but unable to make a difference.
Wilson 6 A few good runs but struggles without a quality partner, finishing was weak.

Subs
LuaLua 4 You can't accuse him of not trying. But like Baldock, he's just not good enough.
Rosenior 7 What a fine footballer he is, keep him!

Hughton 7 Got the team wound up and firing to start, but couldn't change it when the team fell a bit flat. What a manager, what a job he's done and will continue to do. He will get us promoted next season, he's THAT good at this level.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Stockdale 8 ... No blame for the goal, Dunk was heading that away all day long until he got pushed. Hooper is even claiming an assist!

Bruno 9.5 ... MOM. Sheer class.
Greer 8 ... Best performance since his return.
Dunk 9.5 ... Hope the summer doesn't bring any bids, he's been immense in the 2nd half of the season.
Bong 7.5 ... Looks better every game, but still not quite up to early season standards.

Skalak 8 ... Improves with every game. He'll be even better next year.
Kayal 8.5 ... Never lets us down, class again last night.
Sidwell 9 ... Sign him up. Everywhere last night, top quality performance.
Knockheart 8.5 ... unplayable in the 1st half but injured ankle probably affected 2nd half as pain killers wore off.

Wilson 7 ... The promise returned last night, bit it's still only promise. Definitely a player in there, happy to have him back next year if we can, so we can bring it out.
Baldock 6.5 ... Great touch, good movement, works hard, brings something to the team, but I want my number 9's to have all that whilst scoring goals too.

Lua Lua 5 ... no fizz
Rosenior ... not on long enough.

Crowd 10 ... Awesome

Ref 8 ... He cocked up on the obvious one, but got no help from his team, and apart from that I thought he handled the game well. He gave out loads of yellows, but kept the red in his pocket even when it got tastier, and most of his decisions seemed to be the right ones. He also added on plenty of time for the ponderous Wednesday approach to goal kicks and throw ins etc.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Magnificent performance overall and sadly came up against a solid Wednesday team who the referee let get away with very unsporting behaviour when in my opinion he should have been stronger !

Stockdale - 8
Bruno - 8
Greer - 7
Dunk - 9
Bong - 7.5
Skalak - 7
Kayal - 8.5
Sidwell - 7.5
Knockaert - 8.5
Baldock - 7 (chased everything , maybe too much and should have stayed closer to Wilson)
Wilson - 5 (too lightweight , did he win a header ? I only remember a couple of shots and he slipped or fell for 2 of them)

LuaLua - 6
Rosenior - 7

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Stockdale 8 - fantastic save at the end of the first half
Bruno 8.5
Bong 5.5
Greer 6.5
Dunk 8
Skalak 5 - needs to calm down
Kayal 7
Sidwell 8.5
Knockaert 7.5 (first half did everything but score, second half faded)
Baldock 5
Wilson 4.5 - never looked like scoring

KLL 4 - shame he looked a polar opposite to how he started this season
Rosenoir 6

Fans - 9.8

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale 8 Superb
Bruno 8 Superb
Dunk 9.5 Best game he's had this season
Greer 7.5 Decent and did his job well
Bong 6 Looked lost for the first hour but grew into it
Kayal 8 Superb
Sidwell 8 Superb
Knockhaert 7.5 Amazing start but faded
Skalak 7.5 Didn't see enough of the ball but looked good
Baldock 7 Worked hard
Wilson 4 Poor

Subs:
Lua Lua 5 Literally added nothing
Rosenior 7.5 Should have started ahead of Bong

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lualua was hugely disappointing, played much too deep to be any use at all. If Lualua replaced Baldock, he should have gone up front. Needed him in and around the penalty area. He is not use as a winger and his future can only be as a striker. Difficulty with allocation points as some Albion players played well, but were not quite good enough. Some like Wilson looked not good enough on the day. Greer looked fit again.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...onship-2015-2016-Brighton-Sheffield-Wednesday gave Westwood as overall MOM. No surprise there.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lualua was hugely disappointing, played much too deep to be any use at all. If Lualua replaced Baldock, he should have gone up front. Needed him in and around the penalty area. He is not use as a winger and his future can only be as a striker. Difficulty with allocation points as some Albion players played well, but were not quite good enough. Some like Wilson looked not good enough on the day. Greer looked fit again.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...onship-2015-2016-Brighton-Sheffield-Wednesday gave Westwood as overall MOM. No surprise there.

Lua Lua is not a striker and should never ever be employed as a striker. Not bright enough and not a good enough finisher. He is very clearly a 'stay on the touchline, run at full back with pace, cross' type player with the odd cut in and shoot. Anything else he is dreaful at.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A must win home game against a side 15 points worse. No win and players are getting 8s. Come on, get real.

63% possession
27 Shots - 9 on target (most requiring decent saves)
11 corners for - 1 against
19 fouls against ( at least 8 just outside the box)

Yep I see what you mean.
Very poor performance against a top 6 side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cannot believe the low marks for Bong I thought that has the game progressed so did his performance if only this had happened 4 games ago. I was surprised that Murphy wasnt thrown into action as a replacement for Wilson who had a better game than recently but didnt look like he would score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here