Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom looks a broken man

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As a genuine supporter, I'm sure Bloom's as proud of the boys as we all are.

We're a Premiership team in waiting.

It will happen soon.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Best chairman ever, he really has paid a lot of money for his ticket tonight, I wish we could have done it just for him. So proud of our club, thank you Tony for the best season I've known in 30 years support. GOSBTS.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
No wonder he looks down - that was probably the last chance of getting to the prem without having to fight against relegated clubs with parachute millions from the prem. Qpr Fulham will be bad enough but Norwich Newcastle and Villa are going to have a head start on us with all that cash - We are already losing money so now Bloom has to inject about £30m to even start to match what they are given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
He looked broken at Sheffield and not surprising when he's losing £10million plus every season. I get pissed off if I lose £20 quid.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Even Tony can't have a bottomless pit on money...How much of his wealth does he want to pour into this?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I suspect he will have to break the FFP rules now to go up next season

Watford want Knockart for £5m, **** that, £10million and teams want Dunk so £12m plus so £22m, if I was Bloom I'd only sell if teams paid over the asking price and none of this mugging us.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No wonder he looks down - that was probably the last chance of getting to the prem without having to fight against relegated clubs with parachute millions from the prem. Qpr Fulham will be bad enough but Norwich Newcastle and Villa are going to have a head start on us with all that cash - We are already losing money so now Bloom has to inject about £30m to even start to match what they are given

This one has run and run before - the parachute payments didnt help Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc. These clubs still had players on bonkers money which swallowed a lot of PP. Granted we are now in a new regime of really silly money in Prem next season so it may get more difficult post next season but there tends to be room for existing Championship teams to compete.

We have no idea what TB's reserves of cash and willingness to stump up £200k pw are just to keep stasis, never mind buy big. He says he is in it for the long-term and we just have to accept that. I suspect he was just disappointed as a fan.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the Norwich, Newcastle or Villa recruitment has been that great in the last 12 months. Chris has got a great scouting team in place so who knows we might be better placed to recruit players more suited to the Championship

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
promotion would mean he gets every penny he has invested into the club back, and then some. Not surprising he looked a tad down in the dumps.

They say the wembley game is worth £180 million minimum. Could build two Amexes with that.

Eh?

Don't want to appear rude but you are talking nonsense.

He's already put £250 million into the club out of love, not return opportunities.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
I don't think the Norwich, Newcastle or Villa recruitment has been that great in the last 12 months. Chris has got a great scouting team in place so who knows we might be better placed to recruit players more suited to the Championship

Newcattle will be easy favourites to bounce straight back. Norwich will be right up there too. What we can surely all agree on is that Villa will be nowhere near the promo spots. In fact, they will probably be in a rele-scrap next season. By all accounts things are really, really bad at Villa behind the scenes and they are in total meltdown.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Eh?

Don't want to appear rude but you are talking nonsense.

He's already put £250 million into the club out of love, not return opportunities.

Really? You are kidding me. On what? The ground was £90 million. The training centre will be a bit more, but not £140 million. Are you sure of those figures? £250 million is a lot of money and no one, but no one, puts that sort of money into anything just for the love of it. And Bloom is a shrewd man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here