Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For the first time since we played there, I went to Withdean yesterday as my great-nephew was competing in an athletics event. I was thoroughly surprised and somewhat overjoyed to see that just outside Windsor Court, (on the right as you go up Tongdean Lane) there is a tall fag pole proudly flying a Seagulls flag :thumbsup:

I always remember the residents there coming out to wave us off on the last day, and it looks like they haven't forgotten us.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
For the first time since we played there, I went to Withdean yesterday as my great-nephew was competing in an athletics event. I was thoroughly surprised and somewhat overjoyed to see that just outside Windsor Court, (on the right as you go up Tongdean Lane) there is a tall fag pole proudly flying a Seagulls flag :thumbsup:

I always remember the residents there coming out to wave us off on the last day, and it looks like they haven't forgotten us.

I miss it. I miss it so so much. I would probably give up everything we have as a club just to be back in the South Stand for a game. We had some amazing days there and I (and sure others) felt much more part of the club then. It was OURS.

By no means is this a criticism of the way the club is now, just a case that when there were 5-6,000 there its much easier to think something is yours than having 30,000.

It was also easier for me to get to from Reading!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Someone has nicked the South Stand :eek: Couldn't tell if they were the same dug outs though.

withdean.JPG

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Seeing that photo is very, very strange. It makes the Withdean years seem a little like a dream. For what it is worth, I do not miss that place at all.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seeing that photo is very, very strange. It makes the Withdean years seem a little like a dream. For what it is worth, I do not miss that place at all.

It felt a little strange being there yesterday tbh. I showed the family members I was with a few pictures of when we used to play there as they'd never been, and they couldn't believe it was the same place.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

As far as silverware goes, it was our most successful place. Four trophies in 12 years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great times. (Occasionally...)

The Withdean Experience, how best to convey?
To sit in the rain, twenty four quid we'd pay.

The PA was awful, the catering poor
Row S in block U had a hole in the floor.

The away fans complained that they barely could see
Don't know they were born - least their ponchos were free.

Watched a real mix of players - had hopes for them all,
But for each Paul McShane there was one Shane McFaul.

A fortress to start with, it went horribly wrong
T'was a home back in Brighton, but for ten years too long.

We had our good times there, though more often poor
At least 'til that day that Gus walked through the door.

So as we move onwards, I beg of you please
Raise your glasses my friends, to the Theatre of Trees.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Great times. (Occasionally...)

The Withdean Experience, how best to convey?
To sit in the rain, twenty four quid we'd pay.

The PA was awful, the catering poor
Row S in block U had a hole in the floor.

The away fans complained that they barely could see
Don't know they were born - least their ponchos were free.

Watched a real mix of players - had hopes for them all,
But for each Paul McShane there was one Shane McFaul.

A fortress to start with, it went horribly wrong
T'was a home back in Brighton, but for ten years too long.

We had our good times there, though more often poor
At least 'til that day that Gus walked through the door.

So as we move onwards, I beg of you please
Raise your glasses my friends, to the Theatre of Trees.

:tumble:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here