Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Little signs it could just be our day

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First time I have felt good about our chances of winning since before Derby :thumbsup:

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just had my late morning "constitutional" ...the initial flush led me to believe all evidence of my visit had been eradicated. When I turned round having washed my hands their was one little poo floating ... like a Pheonix rising ...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've woken up with a stinking cold which I'm going to put down to having been in a cold Yorkshire on Friday, not feeling the vibe here :(

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Went for a run this morning in an Albion shirt and got shat on by a bird, meant to be good luck? (it wasn't a Seagull or an Owl alas)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've been shat on over the past 2 weeks. We just need that one little bit of luck, and I think we'll get it.

Whilst I recognise we are outsiders now, I'm becoming increasingly confident that we might do it, bizarrely, ever since Derby got battered at home to Hull. I always felt they were a major threat, whereas I think we'd beat Hull if we could just get there. So can we get there? Of course we can, it's TWO goals and we're at home. Watch the end of the highlights of the first leg - Wednesday fans clapped their players off but there is a sense that they could and perhaps should have scored more than 2 goals. They didn't.

An early Albion pen and a sending off and we'd have a right game on our hands. Equally, it is fine margins but what if Skalak has the sort of game that proves he's international quality? We know what he can do. And Dunk is back - a combination that has "set piece goal" written all over it.

What if Towell comes to the party? How about Kayal decides he has one last Herculean effort in him (well, maybe 2)? Bong is back and he's an attacking defender - it's a game tailor made for him. And we finished 15 points clear of them - that statistic alone says an awful lot.

Finally, Yorkshire were winning all their play off games...until yesterday when Bradford lost. The tide has turned. And I certainly think at 10/1 for promotion, we are a real value bet.

I believe because I want to believe. We. Can. Do. It. :albion:

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had to be done.

$T2eC16J,!)kE9s4Z-5jcBQp+SPeqs!~~60_12.JPG

Edit - autographs of Cyril Mead and Edward McGinnis for the uninitiated! :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Up at usual time.
Three weetabix & coffee - check.
Shower with late Dads gel - check (he died last year but got me my first Goldstone south stand season ticket, I prayed to him at Boro)
Cheese on toast dinner - check.
Old shoes, levis (falling apart), lucky socks and pants, Guinness T-Shirt, jumper with holes - check
Scarf - check
Still to do-
Last set of steps from P&R
One lottery ticket
Pie & a Harveys from the last till down
Say hello to the stewards.

Hope I haven't missed anything.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
We're taking my mate's Japanese student lodger tonight - Her first ever footy game was the QPR game (and look what happened that night!). She had only ever been to Baseball matches back home, but has now adopted the Seagulls as her favourite team - this has 4-0 written all over it!!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To everyone who saw that big lorry at Boro (had Don't feed the Seagulls on side) should I take my big van down to the East Sussex National with a sign written on the side?

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not going tonight - been ill all weekend and don't think I could haul my sorry arse up to the WSU even though I'm about three stone lighter than I was on Saturday morning!

Believe it or not, this might be a good omen. On 19th May 1991, I came down with a similar bug which meant I couldn't make it to the Goldstone for the play off match with Millwall. So, here's to a convincing 4-1 win and I'll see you all at Wembley.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We've been shat on over the past 2 weeks. We just need that one little bit of luck, and I think we'll get it.

Whilst I recognise we are outsiders now, I'm becoming increasingly confident that we might do it, bizarrely, ever since Derby got battered at home to Hull. I always felt they were a major threat, whereas I think we'd beat Hull if we could just get there. So can we get there? Of course we can, it's TWO goals and we're at home. Watch the end of the highlights of the first leg - Wednesday fans clapped their players off but there is a sense that they could and perhaps should have scored more than 2 goals. They didn't.

An early Albion pen and a sending off and we'd have a right game on our hands. Equally, it is fine margins but what if Skalak has the sort of game that proves he's international quality? We know what he can do. And Dunk is back - a combination that has "set piece goal" written all over it.

What if Towell comes to the party? How about Kayal decides he has one last Herculean effort in him (well, maybe 2)? Bong is back and he's an attacking defender - it's a game tailor made for him. And we finished 15 points clear of them - that statistic alone says an awful lot.

Finally, Yorkshire were winning all their play off games...until yesterday when Bradford lost. The tide has turned. And I certainly think at 10/1 for promotion, we are a real value bet.

I believe because I want to believe. We. Can. Do. It. :albion:

Jamie Murphy, as an exBlade will have an extra incentive to score tonight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here