Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings; Sheffield Wednesday

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shows how verdicts differ, on the coach I was on we were all in agreement that is was the worst any of us had seen Kayal play and max score given by anybody was 5

Thought he was everywhere, led by example and without him we would have had no shape. It was never a game he was going to dominate, we just had to do a defensive job, and he did it pretty well.

All opinions.......

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Exceptional is a very strong word, maybe look up the definition before using it [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] - or show the meaning of the word more respect.

OED. "singular; unexpected; surprising"

Nope. I got it right. :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
OED. "singular; unexpected; surprising"

Nope. I got it right. :shrug:

In which case, you can't think any more of Baldock than I do - if that performance was singular, unexpected or surprising then you must think he ordinarly contributes about as much as a someone in the stands. I thought he was actually involved in the game, hence my unusually high rating. Our collective expectations of him must now be so low that anything he does qualifies for praise because it is out of the ordinary.

I didn't open the door here, I just walked through it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In which case, you can't think any more of Baldock than I do - if that performance was singular, unexpected or surprising then you must think he ordinarly contributes about as much as a someone in the stands. I thought he was actually involved in the game, hence my unusually high rating. Our collective expectations of him must now be so low that anything he does qualifies for praise because it is out of the ordinary.

I didn't open the door here, I just walked through it.
Wrong door my friend.
He played the last 40 minutes completely out of position and did remarkably well helping to bolster central midfield in front of a makeshift defence.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 6
Bruno 6
Bong 6
Greer 6
Goldson 6
Kayal 7
Sidwell 6
Knockaert 6
Skalak 7 MOTM